Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Posting Date Jun 17, 2022
Job Number 22101171
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, 3501
University Blvd East, Hyattsville, Maryland, United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more
than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that
our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels,
you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices,
sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and
imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of
travel. Find Your World--- at Marriott Hotels.
JOB SUMMARYAssists in the championing, development, and
implementation of property-wide strategies that deliver products
and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the
brand's target customer and property employees. Provides financial
expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return
on investment. In addition, assists in the creation and execution
of a business plan that is aligned with the property and brand's
business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and
accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial
results.CANDIDATE PROFILEEducation and Experience
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related
major; 1 years experience in the finance and accounting or related
- Master's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no
work experience required.CORE WORK ACTIVITIESAssisting in Strategic
Planning and Decision Making
- Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and
benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and
creates annual budget plans.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales
against projected sales.
- Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted
wages for more efficient budget planning.
- Assists in identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or
facts of information by breaking down information or data into
- Thinks creatively and practically to assist in the development,
execution and implementation of new business plans
- Assists in the creation of the annual operating budget for the
- Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify
cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
- Assists in the implementation of a system of appropriate
controls to manage business risks.
- Analyzes financial data and market trends.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a
comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the
company's and brand's strategic direction.
- Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the
operating department's actual and projected sales.
- Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to
changes in the business.Leading Finance & Accounting Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Communicates the strategic goals, the focus and the owner
priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and
other departments managers' clear accountability backed by
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports
according to Standard Operating Procedures.Anticipating and
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Attends meetings and communicates with the owners,
understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners,
corporate, guests, etc.).
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive
manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner
- Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
- Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance
with brand SOPs and owner requirements.
- Facilitates critique meetings to review information with
management team.Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting
- Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current,
collected and/or accrued.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery
- Develops and supports achievement of performance goals, budget
goals, team goals, etc.
- Improves profit growth in operating departments.
- Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.Managing Projects and
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form
of reports, presentations, etc.
- Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are
supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly
matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
- Ensures compliance with management contract and reporting
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures
(SOPs and LSOPs).
- Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs).Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
- Ensures new hires participate in the department's orientation
- Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to
successfully perform their job.
- Creates appropriate development plans which develop team
members based on their individual strengths, development needs,
career aspirations and abilities.
- Conduct performance review process for employees.
- Participates in hiring activities as appropriate.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, Silver Spring , Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!