Company: Ascellon Corporation
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Ascellon Corporation is seeking a goal-oriented problem solver
and team player who is ready for the responsibility required to
work in a professionally exciting environment supporting internal
and external customers nation-wide, while at the same time sharing
their knowledge and expertise to support the company's mission of
providing superior customer service. You will enjoy a creative work
environment and comprehensive fringe benefits that include:
- Flexible paid vacation days
- Paid holidays
- Employee discounts
- Employee retirement plan (401k) with generous match and
- Company-paid tax-free Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Free on-site parking
- On-site cafeteria
- Free 24-hour gym on premises
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid disability insurance
- Extensive training opportunity
- Predictable work hours
- And more Responsibilities: The Staff Accountant ensures the
accuracy of entries to ledger accounts, maintains financial records
and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. The
Accountant's responsibilities include ensuring timely and accurate
employee timekeeping, processing payroll, customer billing, and
accounts receivable. The position requires coordinating with the
company's outside accountants, vendors, subcontractors, customers
and financial institutions to ensure accurate and timely completion
of the company's accounting functions. Required tasks to be
performed by the Accountant include but are not limited to the
- Perform the payroll process to ensure accurate and timely
completion of payroll, maintenance of payroll and benefits
- Perform the Accounts Payable function to ensure timely and
accurate payment of vendors, subcontractors and consultants.
- Perform the billing process to ensure accurate and timely
billing of customers and ensure timely payment by customers.
- Perform Accounts Receivables to ensure accurate and timely
payments by customers and make collection calls and communications
when needed to collect on past due invoices.
- Provide weekly cash forecast to ensure there are enough funds
available to cover company obligations.
- Train and provide support to employees on the company's
timekeeping and expense reporting systems.
- Maintain the company's system of accounts and keep books and
records on all company transactions and assets.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget and financial
forecasts and maintain other planning and control procedures.
- Under the direction of the company's outside accounting firm,
ensure procedures are followed for tax planning and compliance with
all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other
- Maintain effective internal controls to ensure safeguarding of
assets and reliability of financial statements.
- Ensure complete and up-to-date operating procedures for all
accounting and financial controls.
- Prepare documentation necessary to successfully complete the
outside reporting requirements of the company (e.g., financial
- Complete month, quarter, and year end close of the company's
financial statements and coordinate the annual audit performed by
outside CPAs or government agencies.
- Report financial information to senior management.
- Maintain and reconcile company bank accounts monthly.
- Maintain and reconcile company credit card accounts
- Maintain the company's accounting records and files in an
- Perform other related administrative and accounting tasks as
- Minimum BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or Finance is
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Accountant and a thorough
knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Desktop is required.
- Experience with ADP Payroll is desirable.
- Experience with Concur Invoice and Expense is desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office with strong Excel skills.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated a history of independent decision-making
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced,
deadline-oriented environment and interface with various levels of
staff and work both independently and within a team.
Keywords: Ascellon Corporation, Silver Spring , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!