Medical Writer, Editor (TBI)
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Travel Required: Less than 10%Public Trust: NACLC
(T3)Requisition Type: RegularGDIT's Military Health Team is hiring
a Medical Writer, Editor to support the Traumatic Brain Injury
Center of Excellence (TBI CoE) at HQ in Silver Spring, MD.As the
TBI Pathway of Care manager within the MHS, the Traumatic Brain
Injury Center of Excellence promotes state-of-the-science care from
point-of-injury to reintegration for service members, veterans, and
their families to prevent and mitigate consequences of mild to
severe TBI.The Medical Writer, Editor will assist to develop, write
and edit materials for the Defense Health Agency's (DHA)Traumatic
Brain Injury Center of Excellence (TBICoE). Work is conducted in
conjunction with internal TBICoE staff and/ or external subject
matter experts. Target audience includes Service members, Veterans,
families, healthcare providers, line leadership, high level DoD and
VA leaders, civilian organizations, and communities with an
interest in TBI. Materials may be in print, electronic, and/ or
video. The Medical Writer will coordinate projects throughout the
TBICoE HQ divisions and the TBICoE network.Primary
- The Medical writer will participate in, to varying levels and
per Supervisor guidance, all phases in the development of TBICoE
publications from topic selection, interviewing, writing, editing,
graphic design and print.
- Serves as the point of contact for print, on-line and
- Edits all TBICoE documents and presentations for clarity,
consistency, and use of recommended style.
- Tailors materials to target audiences.
- Assists in the development of and maintains standard
presentation materials used internally and externally for
- Assists with the development of manuals/ guidelines and ensures
consistent use among TBICoE products.
- Adheres to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect
to confidentially and privacy, particularly when using images and
previously published work.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to
- Identifies and modifies complex contextual errors, reorganizes
content, and edits graphics, tables, and illustrations
- Provides advice for the development for the process of crafting
and refining ideas, cultivating sources, and developing highly
complex and articulate articles
- Collaborates closely with technical, communication,
education/dissemination and research to deliver appropriate and
highly complex content
- Attends DHA and other communication meetings
- Ensures documents meet 508 compliance standards
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a T3,
public trustPosition Requirements (required):
- Bachelor's degree in, education or communications (journalism,
English) -Masters preferred.
- 5 years' experience in developing health education materials in
print and on-line. 5 years' experience in editing, proofreading and
writing medical material. Prefer experience with traumatic brain
- Knowledge of the principles of adult education required.
- Ability to tailor print communications to a variety of literacy
levels required. Experience in writing, editing and publishing in a
healthcare, education or communications environment required.
- Ability to evaluate on-line education materials, and assist in
the design products for on-line viewers required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment with multiple
priorities required.Physical Capabilities:
- Long periods of sitting, standing, carry light items. May
encounter patients who are confused, agitated or abusive.Work
- HQ TBICoE office setting. May involve travel from HQ to Network
sites and meeting venues. Must be available to travel locally,
regionally and nationally. Some telework permitted with manager's
approval.What Would Be Even Better (preferred):
- Knowledge of the military/veterans' health care delivery
system; knowledge of TBI preferred.WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- 401K with company match
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
- Professional development, education assistance, certification
About Our WorkWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most
complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the
country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand
and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways
clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the
ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between.
Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission
services needed to get the job done.COVID-19 VaccinationGDIT does
not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To
protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with
customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in
certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal
contractor mandate and customer site requirements.GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Silver Spring , Medical Writer, Editor (TBI), Advertising , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!