Math Instructor / Tutor
Company: Mathnasium (ID: 3900301)
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Who We Are: Across North America and all over the world,
Mathnasium Learning Centers are committed to teaching children math
so that they understand it, master it, and love it.
Our world-class curriculum is built upon the Mathnasium Method----
the result of decades of hands-on instruction and development - and
has changed the lives of children since 2002. Why Work with Us: At
Mathnasium of Downtown Silver Spring, we're passionate about both
our students and our employees! We set ourselves apart by providing
Math Instructor / Tutors with:
- A rewarding opportunity to transform the lives of 1st-12th
- Consistent, but flexible part-time hours after school and on
- A fun, supportive, and encouraging work culture
- Opportunities for advancement
- Continuous training on effective teaching methodologies
- All necessary curriculum and instructional tools If you are
driven, motivated, and eager to make a difference, we would love to
meet you! Position Overview: The Mathnasium Instructor is
responsible for delivering mathematical instruction to students
using the Mathnasium method. The Instructor is committed to
providing exceptional customer service through an expert approach
that attends to each individual student's needs. The Instructor
builds students' confidence and self-esteem through successful
encounters and interactions with carefully selected materials. The
Instructor works as part of a team and operates in a team teaching
environment where collaboration and communication ensure all
student needs are addressed. Qualifications:
- Passion for math and working with students - You must be able
to demonstrate your ability to do math at least through Algebra 1.
Those with demonstrable ability to do higher level math (Geometry,
Algebra II, Trigonometry, Pre-calculus) are preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You must be engaging and
interact well with students. You should be able to inspire students
to do well, create a fun learning environment and demonstrate
enthusiasm in teaching math.
- Eagerness to learn and be trained - You will need to complete
15-20 hours of training within one (1) month of hire.
- Ability to balance various ongoing tasks - You will be required
to multitask - to work with multiple students on different topics
at the same time, frequently moving from one student to another.
You will have to keep track of and document student work as you go.
You'll need to be able to correct work and provide constructive
feedback and positive feedback at all time to help bolster
students' confidence in their own math abilities.
- Professional demeanor and effective communication - You will be
required to interact with parents, students and co-workers in a
friendly and professional manner at all times. You must establish a
high level of confidence and program value with Mathnasium
families. You must be a role model for students and demonstrate the
capabilities and competence that math can bring.
- You must be available to work a minimum of 6-10 hours spread
across at least two shifts during the week and week-end. A maximum
of 20-25 hours may be available in some cases.Responsibilities:
- Use the Mathnasium Method and teaching constructs
- Maintain good availability to work at Mathnasium. Provide
accurate and timely information regarding your availability.
- Continuously strive to become a great instructor.
- Demonstrate retention of information learned during training
and staff meetings.
- Be available to attend staff meetings approximately once every
- Teach students in a way that makes sense to them, not
necessarily to you.
- Be encouraging and use praise and constructive feedback
- Provide necessary support to support administrative aspects of
the center and help maintain center cleanliness and order,
including daily cleaning at end of day and when asked.Hours:
We are generally open for instruction:
- Monday - Thursday (in center and online) from 3pm - 8pm
(precise hours vary by location)
- Saturday (some locations) from 10am - 2pm
- Saturday (online) from 1pm - 5pm
- Sunday (in center and online) - from 1pm - 6pm (precise hours
vary by location)Team meetings are usually held Sundays before we
open about every 4-6 weeks.
We may also have special events that require work at a temporary
location or different hours than described above. All applicants
will be required to take a math literacy test to demonstrate math
proficiency, provide work authorization, and pass a background
Keywords: Mathnasium (ID: 3900301), Silver Spring , Math Instructor / Tutor, Education / Teaching , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!