Facility Engineer - Tunnel 9
Company: National Aerospace Solutions
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Title: Facility Engineer - Tunnel 9 - NLR-2602A
Function: Mission Execution
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Work will be performed at the AEDC Hypervelocity Wind Tunnel No. 9
(Tunnel 9) located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Tunnel 9 provides
aerodynamic simulation critical to hypersonic system development
and hypersonic vehicle technologies at speeds from Mach 7 to Mach
NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force to ensure the
long-term viability of the Arnold Engineering Development Complex
(AEDC) while ensuring mission success, ultimately securing AEDC's
long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and
The Facility Engineer will manage the buildings, utilities and
property that support the wind-tunnel testing mission at Tunnel 9.
The candidate will take ownership of major facility systems,
coordinate with the government property-owner, manage facility and
equipment improvement projects, follow project lifecycle (planning,
budgeting, schedule, execution), and recommend future upgrades.
This position provides the following services:
- Direct daily activities of the contractor responsible for
building maintenance, repair, and service-provider
- Work with contractors to propose innovative and economic
solutions to building legacy problems and lead implementation.
- Assure the reliable operation of facilities to provide an
efficient and safe working environment for employees.
- Maintain the existing or develop and implement new facility
management programs including preventative maintenance and
- Use best business practices to manage resources, services and
- Plan and implement facility refurbishments and
- Provide prompt response\solutions to technical issues
identified by facility occupants.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE
(Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory
direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus a minimum of five to
seven (7) years of progressive and relevant experience in
engineering, facilities, and/or construction.
- Current US Citizenship
- Experience in engineering, construction, and maintenance of
facility and building operations.
- Experience with government facilities and regulations
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of the following:
- Systems/projects engineering
- Ability to define, then solve complex facility problems.
- Self-starter with ability to lead others
- Project management
- Business administration
- Basic financial principles and practices
- Electrical and mechanical systems
- Procurement and contracts
- Health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Solid computer and systems knowledge.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Skilled at written and oral communication Due to Air Force
Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental
disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring
process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO
NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered
for employment opportunities.
Keywords: National Aerospace Solutions, Silver Spring , Facility Engineer - Tunnel 9, Engineering , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!