Part-Time Diesel Mechanic B
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Overview:Transdev is hiring immediately Part-Time Diesel
Mechanic B for their Fairfax, VA facility. Starting salary
Transdev is actively seeking qualified and experienced fleet
technicians to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment, with
daily safety inspections, under general supervision.
Join Transdev and become a part of the largest private-sector
operator of transportation in North America one that cares about
its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
Why Work with Us?
- $250 sign-on bonus!
- Starting salary $21.39/hour!
- Paid training!
- Paid time off!
- Holiday pay!
- Flexible work schedules!
- Annual increases!
- State-of-the-art work facility!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Career advancement opportunities!
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned
transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach
systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Coaches and monitors team members on the work team
- Other duties as requiredQualifications:
- Must be at least 23 years old with a high school diploma, GED
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy duty transit
- Diesel Mechanic B level: 3-4 years' experience preferred
- Automotive gas engine mechanics are encouraged to apply!
- Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake
endorsements (but, we offer development opportunities for obtaining
- We will assist you in obtaining your Automotive Service
Excellence (ASE) certifications and we offer bonuses to obtain
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret
safety documents, blue prints, schematics and other mechanical
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a
background and a drug test
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law. Drug free workplace. Associated topics: ansys,
bsme, fluid, machine, motor, proe, propulsion, rotordynamic,
Keywords: transdevna, Silver Spring , Part-Time Diesel Mechanic B, Engineering , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!