Senior Technical Writer/Editor
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Position Title: Senior Technical Writer/Editor
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Reporting To: Vice President - Engineering
Career Path: Technical
Duration: 90 Day Initial Contract Period With Option to Extend
Hours: Flexible (Not to Exceed 40 Hours Per Week)
Status: Independent Contractor
As a senior technical writer/editor at Redjack, you'll function as
a communications and information specialist for Redjack's product
development team, supporting Redjack's teams, clients, vendors, and
strategic partners. You will also work in close collaboration with
Redjack's Government Services, Marketing/Business Development, and
senior management teams. You'll support the development, delivery,
review, and maintenance of technical communications to help
increase awareness, understanding, and adoption of Redjack's
product and solutions offerings. In short, you'll own our product
documentation, process documentation, and technical communications,
and help us manage, control, and improve that information to serve
our team and our clients better.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate publications and other collateral material using
both print and electronic media including the web and desktop
publishing software to draft, edit, and lay out material for
distribution (both internally and externally).
- Review proposed publications for style, design, layout, and
editorial aspects before client presentation and delivery.
- Implement an information architecture and knowledge management
strategy in collaboration with team leadership to support the needs
of all stakeholders.
- Research, analyze, and perform technical review on triage of
questions, issues, or events to address client, strategic partner,
or vendor engagement or operational needs.
- Gather necessary information from our team, client personnel,
or other third parties, and applicable policy, regulations, and
best practices to support the development, writing, formatting, and
editing of technical and non-technical information for reports,
manuals, procedures, processes, briefs, and other forms of
- Provide technical and editorial document review and written
feedback and expert opinion on draft cyber/infrastructure security
- Draft, coordinate, and implement updates to maintain Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) to carry out detailed customer
- Make things better. Take initiative. Build consensus and then
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a technical writing field or
technical engineering supporting role.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint,
and Visio), OmniGraffle, and Google Suite, including template
creation and application.
- Familiarity with software-based technical writing and
- Working knowledge of authoring tools such as Markdown,
RoboHelp, MadCap Flare, FrameMaker, or Adobe Acrobat
- Hands-on experience with project management or issue tracking
- Experience and understanding of information
management/information architecture fundamentals such as version
control, content management, single sourcing, and
- Experience in an agile environment with rapid deadlines.
- Experience in project management, from conception to
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
- Eligibility for US government security clearance (TS) clearance
Redjack is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to
all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship,
national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions
Keywords: Redjack, Silver Spring , Senior Technical Writer/Editor, Engineering , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!