Associate Director, Budget & Fiscal Compliance
Company: HIAS Inc
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: September 13, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Develop tools to be used by staff for effective management of
grants, with guidance from the Senior Director, Budget & Fiscal
Compliance, and CFO.
- Monitor the systems that support areas of responsibility to
ensure they meet operational needs, make recommendations for
improvement, and actively participate in change management.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures to meet
organizational standards for grant and subgrant management; keeping
policies and procedures current and communicate updates to all
staff with related responsibilities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of laws, regulations, policy, and
other requirements that affect grants management, in particular
federal grant requirements.
- Partner with accounting to review monthly management reports,
identify risks and variances and corrective actions.
- Assist Senior Director, Budget & Fiscal Compliance with
analysis and maintenance of staff allocations.
- Ensure all donor reporting is done in time and is accurate for
domestic and international programs; maintain appropriate records
and address any open issues with donors.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Master Grant list on
- Provide training on grant and subgrant management for staff
with those responsibilities, supporting the ultimate goal to
mitigate the risk of potential disallowances or non-performance.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance,
International Business, Public Administration or a related field
required, graduate degree preferred.
- Experience with federal grant proposal budgets required
- Minimum of five years' experience in managing the compliance
function in the area of grants, contracts, procurement and
sub-agreements especially US Federal (OMB Circulars, USAID, A122,
A133, Uniform Guidance & FAR) and European Governments.
- Experience working with budget software program(s)
- Experience of working with international programs including
travel/training in third world countries is highly desirable.
- Advanced level of proficiency in management of grants,
sub-grants, and procurement; experience with management information
systems and reporting metrics.
- Ability to interact at all levels and with all departments
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and
can communicate clearly with thoughtful, accurate information.
- Ability to properly prioritize work and escalate issues as
needed and complete work in a timely manner while working on
- Ability to explain and demonstrate appropriate methods to staff
while determining an appropriate course of action for resolution
and to enforce best practices going forward.
- Encourages others to identify opportunities for different and
innovative approaches, facilitates implementation and acceptance of
- Anticipates and responds promptly to internal customer's needs
and solicits feedback.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a
demonstrated ability to build effective relationships.
- Accurate and detail oriented, with ability to see the big
- Ability to communicate to program, non-finance, and technical
staff in the areas of grants management.
- Working knowledge of Spanish preferred.
Keywords: HIAS Inc, Silver Spring , Associate Director, Budget & Fiscal Compliance, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!