Associate Chief Medical Officer
Company: Community Clinic, Inc.
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: October 16, 2020
CCI Health and Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering
patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare
experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we
deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all
stages of life. Position Summary:The Associate Chief Medical
Officer is a Board-Certified Physician who serves as the deputy to
the Chief Medical Officer (CMO). S/he is responsible for providing
clinical leadership, fostering the achievement of superior quality
metrics, and facilitating the preparation for site visits and
audits. The Associate Chief Medical Officer works cooperatively
with the CMO and Senior Leadership Team to ensure the achievement
of annual strategic goals and objectives. KEY
- Assists the CMO with clinical supervision of providers.
- Assists in the development of medical policies, protocols and
procedures in accordance with evidence-based practice
- Provides leadership to the Women's Health program.
- Assists in the solicitation, development, management and
evaluation of grants.
- Assists CMO with management of a peer review process.
- Examine, diagnose and treat patients as appropriate.
- Represents CCI at local, state, and national meetings as
required or requested by the CMO.
- Participate in additional medical projects as assigned.
- May provide supervision for Physician Assistants and Nurse
- May provide consultation to other providers at CCI.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Chief
Medical Officer or Chief Executive Officer.
- Promotes and manages physicians and mid-level practitioners in
the delivery of evidence based clinical care consistent with their
- Responsible for promoting and fostering an atmosphere of
teamwork and excellence among staff.
- Supports agency compliance with policies and standards.
- In conjunction with site leadership, plans monthly staff
- Participates in coordinating site specific provider scheduling
- Contributes to provider recruitment, orientation and
- Actively participates in organizational goal setting and action
planning through Studer processes including, but not limited to,
the Leader Evaluation Management (LEM) tool, attendance and
participation at the Leadership Development Institute (LDI), Joint
Site Visits, and other trainings as required. SUPERVISION:
- Supervises activities of all health center providers (MDs, NPs,
- Provides on-site supervision, coaching, mentoring and
assistance to provider staff as needed.
- Provides timely and accurate time keeping in ADP System;
monitors and regulates use of Paid Time Off.
- Provides input and recommendations for promotions and/or
- Precepts residents/medical students/advanced practice students
and/or supervises and/or provides mentorship support to staff who
precept the same.
- Oversees clinic programs at a particular site.
- Conducts probationary and annual evaluations of supervised
staff. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of medicine (including
preventive care and acute/chronic disease management).
- Knowledge of the state and federal laws pertaining to medicine
and to community health centers.
- Knowledge of the structure and function of community health
- Skill in communicating effectively with patients and their
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with other employees, patients and the general
- Computer skills required.
- Knowledge/experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is a
plus. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be in possession of a valid license to practice in the
State of MD.
- Maryland CDS and DEA licenses.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of
medicine and allied services commensurate with his/her
- Board Certification preferred. Board eligibility required.
- Demonstrate a special interest in the area of community
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to relate to culturally diverse patients and
- Flexibility to work at any CCI location assigned.
- Experience in the development and management of quality, risk
and utilization review processes.
- Demonstrated leadership with excellent written and oral
communication skills. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Medical/Clinical environment. Possible blood or body fluid
- ADA: This position may require long periods of standing. In
accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible
that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate
disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which
may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others
or which impose undue hardships on the organization. This position
also requires the ability to drive between clinical sites in order
to provide additional coverage when needed.
- OSHA Category PI124792262
Keywords: Community Clinic, Inc., Silver Spring , Associate Chief Medical Officer, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!