Director of NOAA IT Programs
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Business Development Silver Spring, Maryland DescriptionJob
Title: Director of NOAA IT Programs
Location: Silver Spring, MD
IBSS is seeking a Director of NOAA IT Programs to lead new business
capture and contract operations for NOAA Mission IT Services
operations. The successful candidate will have experience leading
business growth and running large successful IT programs for the
federal government, specifically Department of Commerce and NOAA.
The successful candidate will have a collaborative approach to
working with the leadership team and have exceptional communication
and customer interaction skills.
- Support business development by identification, qualification
and creation of opportunities.
- Develop strategic relationships with decision makers in NOAA's
- Lead capture management efforts for opportunities within the
business domain to include opportunity identification, contact plan
development and implementation, competitive assessment, and
- Develop and execute a Customer/ Client Call Plan and capture
plan inclusive of defining a Value Proposition based on
capabilities and in response to client needs, market trends, and
the competitive environment.
- Participate in proposal efforts for new business in the NOAA IT
domains to include solution development, content development,
reviews, and pricing.
- Lead efforts to reach out to incumbent key personnel for
- Provide supervision, management and technical direction of
- Mentor junior staff to grow leadership and technical
- Responsible for technical, contractual, administrative and
financial aspects of program performance.
- Responsible for tracking and overseeing successful on-time
delivery of contractual deliverables.
- Collaborate with IBSS PMO to provide program quality oversight,
reporting, and implement corporate processes in program
- Adhering to and enforcing the IBSS Quality Management standards
and policies. Also, providing input to improve and streamline IBSS
Quality Management and Service Delivery processes.
- Work directly with the Contracting Officer Representative (COR)
and the Contract Officer (CO) in execution of contract
- Be an active participant in business strategy development and
- Collaboratively work across business functions (HR, Finance,
Contracts, PMO, IT) to ensure quality Service Delivery, integrate
corporate resources , and resolve issues.
- Support IBSS's wellbeing initiatives and career development of
direct reports/team.Required Qualifications:--
- Specific experience leading large, multi-task IT programs for
federal government contracting including portfolio management.
- Deep program and project management experience; must be able to
measure and analyze productivity and effectiveness across all areas
of the business.
- Proven success identifying, influencing, responding to, and
winning Federal government contracts.
- Demonstrated experience managing customer relationships
including proactively identifying risks and opportunities and
maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- A passion for the client experience and operational
- Strong experience in a leadership role, building and leading
high-performing teams and collaborating across organizational
- Strategic thinking and problem solving.
- A very high level of charisma and emotional intelligence in
order to promote organizational unity and bring people together for
a common goal. A solution-oriented approach to resolving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering, or related field.Preferred Qualifications:--
- PMP Certification
- Specific experience leading IT programs for NOAA and DOC
- Strong relationships within the NOAA IT environment
- Specific experience delivering IT support for research and
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC-certified and MBE/DBE-certified
business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional,
scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering
solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National
Oceanic and Atmospheric-- Administration (NOAA), the Department of
Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are
committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering
service excellence, creating value through technology, and
continually improving our skills, services, and processes.
Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows
us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery
outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation,
medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with
company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training
reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA)
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
law. Please submit requests for additional information and
qualified-- resumes to:firstname.lastname@example.org You have been
redirected to a IBSS job page
Keywords: IBSS, Silver Spring , Director of NOAA IT Programs, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!