Director of Finance
Company: Closet America
Posted on: November 14, 2021
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty.
- Manage all aspects of the accounting functions (accounts
payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial reporting, account
reconciliations etc.) with direct supervision of three staff.
- Manage, train, develop and mentor the accounting staff.
- Actively lead and manage the activities of the Accounting
Department, such that all business transactions are recorded
accurately and timely and in accordance with Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Coordinate month-end and year-end closing and prepare monthly
- Maintain business process documentation and accounting policies
to continually strengthen internal controls.
- Prepare and distribute timely and accurate financial reports,
such that the Company's management can make appropriate and timely
- Monitor the Company's financial performance and conduct and
communicate an appropriate level of financial analysis, including
revenue and cost center analysis that helps to identify and explain
context, trends, relationships, and future business decisions.
- Ensure that business expenses are reviewed and reimbursed,
manage cash balances and associated checking account and wiring
activities efficiently and effectively.
- Act as a liaison with legal team.
- Establish Monthly installation goals against projections and
- Oversee companies' headcount and position needs and
- Oversee sales team's payroll both commissions and salaries
- Oversee the insurances and liability claims
- Ensure that accounts receivable balances are collected timely
to the greatest extent possible, and when not possible, take all
necessary follow up actions, including collection calls, agency
- Monitor inventory balances to ensure efficient levels for the
associated business activities.
- Advise on equipment and machinery investments and
- Ensure that purchase orders are reviewed and approved, and that
supplier and other 3rd party vendor balances are paid timely.
- Conduct special projects including audit support, tax filing
requirements, and others as required to support Company
- Have extensive experience with ERP Systems is essential
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years' of experience in finance or accounting
- CMA designation
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong Decision Support
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years
Salary: $110,000 - $135,000 Annual
Keywords: Closet America, Silver Spring , Director of Finance, Executive , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!