Director of Operations
Company: Ascellon Corporation
Posted on: November 18, 2021
RESPONSIBILITIES:The Director of Operations is a member of the
company's senior management. The role of the Director of Operations
within the company is to ensure the organization is running well,
with smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs
of customers and motivates employees. The Director of Operations is
responsible for overseeing successful and provision of services.
This includes working with project managers to oversee production
of customer deliverables. The position will support the
administrative processes within the company, including Human
Resources, Quality Assurance, Facilities and office administrative
functions. Customer Project Management, Accounting/Finance,
Business Development and IT departments are not directly within the
scope of the position, but close working relationships with those
departments are a requirement for success.Other responsibilities
include providing scheduling and risk management expertise to
project managers, monitoring and reviewing project performance, and
adherence to Ascellon's Quality Policy.The Director of Operations
will be expected to quickly gain knowledge of the portfolio of the
company's projects to function effectively. Such knowledge will
include healthcare quality of care services, professional services
and cybersecurity. Specific duties include, but are not limited to
the following:Operations Management
- Ensure projects are properly staffed and resourced to meet
customer quality requirements and deadlines. Resources include
facilities, equipment, materials and training.
- Conduct project reviews with executives to report on status and
major changes to the cost, scope, and delivery of projects.
- Ensure projects follow documented processes through active
monitoring and reviews with project managers/directors.
- Oversee the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure that the
company is compliant with all requirements, including corrective
actions, internal and external audits.
- Ensure availability and effective operation of all facilities,
equipment and administrative functions.
- Serve as company point of contact for all vendors and service
providers. Ensure vendor/supplier compliance with agreements and
negotiate delivery agreements and prices as required.
- Develop detailed understanding of projects and customer
requirements to serve as interim project manager/director as needed
when required to start new projects, or when a project
manager/director position is temporarily vacant. This includes
performing project management functions for periods of time when
the project manager is absent or unavailable.
- Schedule, plan and attend monthly status/planning meetings with
President and CEO, and other staff that may be invited.Customer
- Maintain and track schedules across multiple projects to ensure
that all customer deliverables are completed and delivered on time
and in accordance with the customer requirements and individual
project management plans. Such deliverables include invoices, cost
reports, status reports, meeting minutes, and other
contract-specific deliverables. This does not include technical
project work products , such as technical design documents,
software test plans, survey reports, etc.
- Ensure customer satisfaction measurement is conducted timely as
documented in Ascellon's QMS.
- Work with internal resources to resolve any customer concerns
in a timely manner. This includes ensuring all customer complaints
and corrective/preventive actions are logged and addressed
timely.Business Development Support:
- Assists in the sales process by working on sales and proposal
activities, aiding in presentations, and reviewing final proposals
with the President and CEO.
- Provide expertise in estimating work efforts for
- Provide proactive staffing and resource acquisition to support
- Participate in developing business development plans.People
- Support the Human Resources function to provide for
recruitment, retention and staff training. This includes
maintaining training records, licenses, certifications, etc.
- Organize and manage employee training, morale building and
- Support execution of organization's diversity, equity, and
inclusion strategy.Organization Structure:The following positions
report directly to the Director of Operations:
- General administrative support staff. Staff not assigned
full-time to a project under supervision of a Project
- Human Resources staff.
- Quality Management System staff.Other duties as assigned:
- Special projects or other assignments may be required of the
position from time to time. The timeline for completion shall be
negotiated by President and Director of Operations. POSITION
- A Master's degree in a relevant discipline is required
(business, technology or health sciences is a plus). Four years of
additional relevant experience may substitute for a graduate
- At least 8 years of project management or operations management
experience is required. At least 5 of the years in operations
management in a Federal government contracting environment.
- PMP or other project management certification is
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Experience managing administrative staff and
managers/supervisors is required.
- Leadership experience in a management consulting or business
services environment serving Federal and State government customers
with responsibility for managing 20 or more employees directly or
through project managers is required.
- Experience within healthcare industry is a plus.
- Experience organizing, planning and executing tasks that
require multiple contributors.
- Interpersonal skills to interface with and coordinate between
various levels of employees, management, partners, vendors, and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software is required. Must be
an advanced user of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally for meetings or
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and flexibility to work extended
hours on a regular basis to meet position requirements.PHYSICAL
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer workstation for long
- Must be able to commute regularly and work in the office during
business hours. This is not a remote position.
- Must be able to lift and walk with documents and materials
weighing up to 10 pounds.
Keywords: Ascellon Corporation, Silver Spring , Director of Operations, Executive , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!