Assistant Manager - Optical
Company: America's Best
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Company DescriptionAt National Vision, we believe everyone
deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by
making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and
accessible.National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest
optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative
culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and
career growth is a reality.We are looking for an Assistant Eyeglass
Manager to join our growing team. The Assistant Eyeglass Manager
assists the General Manager with store operations and ensures that
the eyeglass department operates in accordance with the company
policies and procedures. This position oversees the Opticians and
Contact Len Sales associates and in some stores, the
Job DescriptionWhat would you do? - The Specifics
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e.
reviewing the P&L).
- Optimize and oversee the eyeglass department to ensure
efficiency and compliance with company's policies and operational
- Convey a commitment to providing outstanding customer service
and ensure all associates do the same.
- Ensure quality standards are met. Review remakes and enforce
policies to ensure compliance.
- Communicate with the General Manger, District Manager, and
Corporate Office and provide store reporting as required.
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising
are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current
- Supervise and motivate Opticians and CL Sales associates (in
some stores the Receptionist) and ensures the timely completion of
- Assist the General Manager with forecasting staffing needs,
recruiting, selecting and retaining a high caliber staff.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance
standards.Qualifications Are you the right fit? - The Suitable
- Optical sales experience. Supervising experience is
- Maintain Optical license in states that require licensure.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate
- Sound understanding of store operations and standards for
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for
effective management of teams.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously
monitoring progress towards goals.
- Ability to analyze, create, and understand financial
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied
- ABO and NCLE Certified (Recommended).Additional InformationWhat
are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including
Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending
Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life
Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our
website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
Keywords: America's Best, Silver Spring , Assistant Manager - Optical, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!