Digital Media Manager
Company: Achieving The Dream Inc
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 12, 2022
About Us:Achieving the Dream - Conceived as an initiative in
2004 by Lumina Foundation and seven founding partner organizations,
Achieving the Dream now leads the most comprehensive
non-governmental reform movement for student success in higher
education history. Together with our Network of over 300
institutions of higher education, 75 coaches and advisors, and
numerous investors and partners working throughout 45 states and
the District of Columbia we are helping more than 4 million
community college students have a better chance of realizing
greater economic opportunity and achieving their dreams.Achieving
the Dream (ATD) stands in solidarity with marginalized students and
is committed to making equity a reality. We believe that for
colleges to advance student success, ensuring equity is paramount.
Since our founding in 2004, we have taken seriously our
responsibility to support ATD Network colleges in their work to
dismantle the structural barriers that students face in our
institutions.Through our Equity Statement, we are setting the
direction we expect our colleges to navigate: a direction that
reinforces an institution-wide commitment to transformational
change that eliminates systemic barriers, addresses student needs,
and increases social justice and equity.To learn more about ATD's
commitment to equity, review our Equity Statement: ATD's Equity
StatementTo learn more about our organization and mission, visit
our homepage: www.achievingthedream.org
The Digital Media Manager develops and implements strategies to
increase ATD's brand awareness and reach across digital marketing
channels, including social media, web, and email. The Digital Media
Manager develops systems to track, analyze, and report on growth
metrics, implement ATD's digital strategy ensuring all messaging
and branding is consistent and aligned with ATD's strategic
Essential Job Functions:Content Development (30%)
- Coordinate production and development of online content for all
digital communications and marketing initiatives, using best
practices in SEO, user experience, and accessibility.
- Coordinate across departments to curate content for digital
story development that drives member and stakeholder growth,
engagement, and retention.
- Foster an environment that allows for program teams to provide
strategic input and creative ideas.
- Develop and manage internal processes for content creation,
campaigns/programs to drive awareness and engagement, aligned to
ATD's strategic plan.Social Media Strategy & Management (30%)
- Design and execute social media strategies to achieve marketing
and communication targets.
- Lead and execute digital campaigns from the idea stage through
to their execution.
- In collaboration with communication team members, oversee all
content in day-to-day communication, web and social media content
planning, authoring, coordination, reviews, edits, and launch of
digital campaigns, initiatives, and programs.
- Actively monitor ATD's social media presence, alerts, and
public perception online and across multiple platforms and update
online profiles as needed.
- Develop a framework for analyzing social media, website, and
email statistics and provide regular reports to the executive
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing
campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and other KPIs).Web
- Strategize with the executive team on SEO to deliberately
increase organic traffic across all digital platforms and improve
search engine ranking.
- Manage SEO vendor relationships and work with outside vendors,
partners, etc. on ATD's collaborative social media campaigns to
increase ATD's brand visibility.
- Actively evaluate ATD's website to ensure content accuracy and
- Update all public pages of the website, including ongoing
review of content and layout, and refresh the website for each new
- Develop strategies to improve website design, prioritizing user
- Assist in website improvements, integrations, or implementation
- Manage web-related technical support needs and other related
- Work collaboratively with IT to resolve issues that arise with
data integrity, exports between ATD systems, integrations, and
other related areas as they affect online directories and
distribution of emails to members.
What You Bring - Professional Skills and
- Bachelor's degree in integrated marketing communications,
digital media, or a combination of education and at least 5-7 years
developing and deploying digital content campaigns across various
- Tools: Salesforce CRM, WordPress, Hootsuite.
- Proficient in building audience targets and campaigns within
social media advertising platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,
- Strong expertise in digital and website analytics tools such as
- Familiarity working with a variety of content formats including
photos, videos, etc.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to monitor and
execute multiple projects at once; detail-oriented and
- Ability to demonstrate social media outcomes and ROI using
analytics tools beyond likes, follows, and shares.
- Ability to gather analytical data, compile information and
prepare reports for presentation to executive boards.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to plan for, execute, and
learn from a social media audit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage with
stakeholders at all levels.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Demonstrated excellence and consistency in verbal and written
- Advanced copy editing and grammar skills required.
- Graphic design skills, including strong knowledge of Photoshop,
InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Video editing experience a plus.
Core Competencies:Collaboration: Demonstrates respect, humility,
and willingness to collaborate when seeking to understand others
and making decisions.Effective Communication: Ability to actively
listen and thoughtfully question to create greater understanding
and to offer insights that advance problem-solving.Disciplined
Execution: Perseveres in addressing complex issues despite
significant obstacles.Learning Orientation: Embraces challenges,
new ideas, and different perspectives as an opportunity to learn;
continually seeks out and applies new learning to activate change
or improvements.Culturally Competent: Gain understanding and
awareness of others' cultural identity and practices. Creates safe
and constructive forums for sharing diverse perspectives and
opinions.Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrates self-awareness and
self-regulation and recognizes impact of personal behavior on
Position Details:Position Type: Full Time, ExemptReports To:
Executive Director, Marketing & CommunicationsSalary Grade: 7Work
Location: Silver Spring, MDTravel Required: Minimal
What We Offer:We continually strive to be a committed, diverse,
values-based organization. We also offer a robust portfolio of
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401K Retirement plan
- Optional pre-tax spending account for qualified medical FSA,
dependent care FSA and commuter expenses
- Premiums paid by ATD for short-term disability insurance,
long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance with
options to elect and pay for additional coverage for spouse and
- Paid sick leave, vacation time, and personal days
(Additionally, ATD observes all 10 federal holidays and is closed
the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and for Winter Break
between December 25 and January 1.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development allowance (for full-time employees on
successful completion of 90-day intro period)
- Mobile First Work Policy: Remote work allows employees to work
at home for all or part of their workweek as a viable, flexible
work option to support the changing needs of employees. Upon hire,
employees are notified of their work location (Silver Spring,
Portland, or Remote). Remote may not be appropriate for all
positions at ATD. ATD wants to ensure that both employees and ATD
will benefit from these arrangements.
ATD strongly encourages applicants from diverse and historically
underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the role.
Please include a cover letter along with your resume. In the cover
letter please discuss the following:
- Why are you passionate about ATD's mission?
- What qualities, experiences, or other considerations do you
believe make you an ideal candidate for this position?
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust
Diversity, Equity, & InclusionAchieving the Dream believes that
diversity, equity and inclusion is critical to its work and its
mission. ATD takes meaningful steps to promote inclusion in its
hiring, retention, promotion, and board recruitment, and supports
equity work at the community colleges it serves.
Equal Opportunity EmployerAchieving the Dream is committed to
creating and maintaining a diverse work environment. Employment
policies and decisions are based upon merit, qualifications,
performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race,
color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender
identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, legally- protected genetic information, marital
status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Keywords: Achieving The Dream Inc, Silver Spring , Digital Media Manager, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!