Scientific Project Manager
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: NACI (T1)Requisition Type:
RegularGDIT's Military Heath Team is seeking a Scientific Project
Manager to support the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
(WRAIR) Experimental Therapeutics Branch and the projects
associated with the Combatting Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
- Knowledge of small molecule synthesis timeframes in order to
efficiently plan for compound assessment in a defined testing
- Serve as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) coordinator in any
ET-related IPT as well as working groups, as needed.
- Coordinate compound assessment with the Principal
Investigator(s) including using the LIMS, scheduling in vitro and
in vivo studies, ensuring delivery of compounds to testing labs,
compiling data, and reporting results.
- Assist with meetings and the organization of studies and
collaborations involving Experimental Therapeutics, other WRAIR
branches and outside organizations.
- Assist with the design and preparation of Decision
Gate-required deliverables of the working group or IPT.
- Responsible for assisting with project accounting and planning
for future project requirements including, but not limited to,
requesting and preparing supply and equipment purchase documents
for approval by the COR and ET leadership.
- Track and monitor overall project expenditure in accordance
with each project's budget and scope
- In synergy with the Principal Investigator and ET Leadership,
shall manage and monitor project resources and scope in order to
sustain project output by both internal and external
- Analyze and summarize experimental data for reports,
presentations, and publications.
- Research, write, and submit grant proposals for funding in
support of the ET mission.
- Assist with preparation and submission of project final reports
and/or deliverables as needed
- Publish (as needed) the in vivo schedule in support of the ET
Branch and other divisions within the
- B.S. degree in a science-related field with scientific
program/project management experience.
- Experience working for a government agency, preferably DoD or
pharmaceutical industry. Research and Development
- Experience in planning dosing levels for rodent in vivo models,
including calculation of compound requirements for in vitro and in
- Expertise in database software including Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft Access, and/or browser based Laboratory Information
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
- M.S. degree in a science-related field with scientific
program/project management experience
- PMP CertifiedWork Environment: office environment; may require
working evenings and weekendsWHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- 401K with company match
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
- Professional development, education assistance, certification
About Our WorkWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most
complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the
country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand
and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways
clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the
ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between.
Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission
services needed to get the job done.COVID-19 VaccinationGDIT does
not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To
protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with
customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in
certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal
contractor mandate and customer site requirements.GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Silver Spring , Scientific Project Manager, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!