Fire Protection Design Manager (2649)
Company: Southland Industries
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: August 4, 2022
PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
At Southland we aspire to build a workforce that's as diverse as
the people who occupy the buildings we design, build and maintain.
Building talent by design, is our intentional approach to creating
a truly safe, collaborative and inclusive work environment that
fosters growth, empowers professional achievement and where people
are treated with respect at all levels.
If you're someone with a true passion for our industry, a life-long
learner, with high accountability and a drive for results we're
looking for you! At Southland, we hire problem solvers that are
focused on providing customer value through continuous improvement
and will take ownership to create the best experiences that will
have an impact wider than their own job. We thrive on creating a
strong company and culture where you'll feel engaged, challenged
If you're ready for the next big step in your career and want a
career full of fun and excitement and to be a part of a fast-paced
growing company, then JOIN our team and become a part of an
organization that values PEOPLE, SAFETY, INNOVATION, COLLABORATION,
INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY & SUSTAINABILITY.
The Fire Protection Design Manager, works independently on various
projects. This individual may oversee the entire design process or
assist as a technical expert on a specialized design; may work on
several concurrent projects.
This opportunity is ideal for local candidates OR out of state
candidates that are willing to relocate to the area. Flexible
What you'll do:
- Assesses the requirements of a project, breaks a project into
tasks, and works with a Project Manager to determine scope of work,
budget and staffing.
- Writes scope of work for mechanical or utility design based on
preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new
systems and analyzes operation of existing systems.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when
an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assigns and reviews work of fire protection design team.
- Checks progress of work and alerts Project Manager to change of
scope or additional services.
- Reviews contractor application for payments. Has a thorough
understanding of construction process.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within
company and externally with clients and other design
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience
and scope of project
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company
design and production standards.
- Assists in the education and development of design staff and
act as resource for design questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Minimum 10 years' previous design experience including 5 years
of people management or leading teams.
- Registered Professional Engineer (required PE license or intent
to complete within 1 year).
- NICET certified.
- Expertise in computer operation for engineering design programs
and computer aided drafting.
- General knowledge of system design and applicable codes in
specific discipline related area (Mechanical, Structural, Plumbing,
Electrical or Process).
- AutoSprink and Revit highly preferred.
- Local Fire Marshal Code knowledge preferred.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits
package that includes excellent benefits for you and your
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match(no cap) and immediate 100%
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Paid for Employee
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent
- Paid Parental Leave Benefits
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for
professional associations and licenses
For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our web
site: Southland Careers or on Facebook or LinkedIN or Twitter
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland
Industries, check out our Career Video - Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a
safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national
origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital
status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status,
veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries
will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test,
background check and professional reference checks. **
**We are not able to offer sponsorship of employment at this
If you don't feel this position is match for you, we encourage you
to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social
networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
to keep up to date on what we're doing as a company.
Keywords: Southland Industries, Silver Spring , Fire Protection Design Manager (2649), Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!