Budget and Pricing Manager, Humanitarian Assistance
Company: Global Communities
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: August 7, 2022
OverviewGlobal Communities works at the intersection of
humanitarian assistance, sustainable development and financial
inclusion to save lives, advance -equity and secure strong futures.
We support communities at the -forefront of their own development
in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders,
governments, civil society and the private sector to -achieve a
shared vision of a -more just, prosperous and equitable global
community. - -Global Communities is seeking a Budget and Pricing
Manager, Humanitarian Assistance. - This position can be based at
any Global Communities office and offers the flexibility to work
100% remote or a hybrid work arrangement. -The Budget and Pricing
Manager, Humanitarian Assistance (HA) manages the financial aspects
of the teams Business Development efforts, specifically leading
budget development and budget narrative creation for funding
opportunities. This role works alongside a broader cadre of team
members assigned to various tasks within the proposal development
process. When not directly working on funding opportunities, s/he
will support the team-wide finance operation tasks such as
monitoring operating budgets and burn rates, assisting with annual
budgeting processes and working within the organizations financial
management systems for cost center creation and monitoring.
-COMPENSATION -$74,480 - $93,100 ANNUALLY - - -NOTE:As an
organization working to advance public health, Global Communities
has an obligation to model best practices and to do all we can to
protect each other, our partners and the communities where we work.
- To ensure the continuity and effectiveness of our business
operations, Global Communities is adopting a policy to safeguard
the health of our visitors, employees, families, and the larger
global community from COVID-19. - Effective January 3, 2022, all
U.S.-based Global Communities employees are required to provide
proof of having received full dosage of COVID-19 vaccine that is
FDA approved, approved for emergency use authorization, or have an
approved medical or religious exemption on file with Global
Communities, as a condition of
employment.ResponsibilitiesResponsibility Area: Humanitarian
Business Development Pricing/ Budget Development1. Under the
guidance of the proposal lead, leads the proposal budget process
from start to finish ensuring Global Communities and donor
standards for all assigned proposals. This includes all levels of
proposal budgeting, including highly complex consortium
solicitations, unsolicited submissions, and new or non-traditional
- Manages the development and review of a high volume of proposal
budgets with tight deadlines.
- Working alongside a team of peers, participates in donor
discussions and consults with HA HQ and field staff to develop new
concept note, new proposal and program modification budgets.
- Reviews donor solicitations and advises team on pricing issues
and questions as part of a larger teams review and assessment of
the funding opportunity.
- Develops proposal budgeting and pricing strategies. Provides
cost/pricing input into the proposal development process, ensuring
adherence to procedures, requirements and regulations.
- Writes complete budget narratives.
- Resolves budget and pricing issues internally and externally
-2. Discusses and negotiates costs and budgets with proposal
partners as needed.
- Leads the budgeting process with international and local
- Ensures partner budget and budget narratives are consistent
with the proposal submission. -3. Monitors foregone overhead
calculations (where full indirect cost recovery is not possible),
analyzes overhead-related implications of funding opportunities,
suggests revenue-maximizing strategies, and works with the
organizations finance team on overhead discussions related to
G&A management and donor approved G&A. -4. Coordinates with
proposal leads and the Office of Grants and Contracts to plan for
timely budget review and finalization for proposals in the teams
pipeline.5. Initiates improvements to the HA Business Development
and budget development processes as required.
- Provides continuity and support for team improvement
- Facilitates edits to team templates and finance-related
documents when needed. -6. Develops and maintains contact with a
roster of financial pricing consultants when additional pricing
resources are required. -7. Supports the teams internal knowledge
management and training functions.
- Identifies training needs and delivers pricing-related training
for HQ and field staff.
- Develops training curricula and materials for cost proposal
development for field and HQ staff, such as around donor-specific
templates. -8. Contributes to planning and prioritization processes
within the humanitarian business development team, including the
annual strategy and workplan. - -Responsibility Area: Humanitarian
Assistance Team Finance Operations -1. Manages and improves
Salesforce tracking for award information, reporting, and
information dissemination to donors and board of trustees. -2.
Organizes and facilitates HA Business Development team operations.
- Coordinates with peers and team leadership to monitor and
review spending against new business development cost centers and
generate regular reports on fund utilizations to inform future
- Liaises with departments and across HA regarding the HA BD
proposal pipeline and required resources. -3. Generates global
portfolio financial reports to summarize overall funding levels,
burn rates, revenue projections to provide team leaders with an
up-to-date financial picture to inform team decision making. -4.
Maintains an awareness and working use of the organizations
financial management systems and serves as the teams primary point
of contact for those finance systems. -5. Undertakes all other
duties as assigned. -POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel (up to 15% annually) to difficult and challenging
environments for trips ranging from one to four weeks.
- Promote a culture of excellence, inclusion, learning, support,
diversity and innovation.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced understanding of U.S. Government and other donor
regulations including CFR226.
- Understanding of the global international development and
humanitarian assistance context.
- Ability to use excel to produce a large number of proposal
budgets accurately and on time.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment. Proven
willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to work with large amounts of
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and high
level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to relate and communicate effectively
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second
- Advanced ability in the use of Microsoft Suite, especially
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks
simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, sit at a computer and
operate a keyboard.Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline and a minimum of
four years of related work experience or a specialized knowledge of
their work discipline with a minimum of eight years of related work
- Experience in budgeting, pricing or cost proposal development
- Experience with US government donors and/or non-governmental
- Must have U.S. work authorization. -Global Communities is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. - All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment, without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Global Communities, Silver Spring , Budget and Pricing Manager, Humanitarian Assistance, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!