Customer Service Manager (Evergreen)
Company: Revolution Foods
Posted on: September 22, 2022
We are always accepting applications for our Customer Service
Manager position with Revolution Foods! Apply today to be
considered during our next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods,
which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods
we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay,
and opportunity, including:
* Medical, dental, & vision plan
* Company-paid life insurance coverage
* Company stock options
* Paid vacation and sick time
Details of the Position
* Salary: The salary range varies depending upon the location
The Customer Service Manager (CSM) will be a leader in the Customer
Experience team. This individual will play a critical role in
managing and ensuring the execution of customer service initiatives
within the Market. They play a key role in balancing the needs of
both the operations and partnership teams. They are responsible for
planning and communicating between internal and external contacts
and ensuring partner satisfaction through effective management of
the customer success team. The CSM is the go-to liaison between the
school partners, the Operations Team, other markets, and the Home
Office Team (HOT).
In addition to acting as a liaison between members of their own
team, this individual will be responsible for customer Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs) and understanding and analyzing the
'why' behind customer-related performance metrics. As a part of the
analysis, they will be responsible for tracking the status and
information about our school partners through several systems,
which necessitates someone that has high attention to detail, is
thorough, and enjoys work that is detail-oriented. Big picture
analysis will be coupled with day-to-day communications that affect
all members of the Market team, such as daily operational updates
or market-wide efforts. The CSM is someone that enjoys working in a
fast-paced environment, and focuses on the details, but can hold
the big picture in mind. This role reports to the Director of
Operations, with a dotted line reporting to the Sr Director of
Customer Service, and manages a small team of Customer Service
Analysts and Customer Service Coordinators. - If this is you, apply
with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Project management and cross-functional planning & coordination
* Work closely with all operations positions for effective planning
and management of day-to-day operations in the facility:
purchasing, production, partnerships
* Complete menu planning and publishing at a market level through
the analysis of menu-related data and sales to create the highest
functioning and most profitable menu possible, while balancing
operational needs and partnership satisfaction
* Coordinate and logistically plan and communicate needs to
internal operations team around holidays, special events, and
inclement weather, including labor management, dispatch needs,
* Substitution management: working with the Nutrition Compliance
team and Purchasing to effectively manage substitutions as needed
due to supply chain or quality issues, to support inventory process
flow and curb waste within the facility while maintaining
* Act as the main planning manager surrounding back-to-school which
includes customer set-ups, equipment tracking and delivery
schedule, working with operations to provide data for labor needs
and dispatch requirements, and more.
* Hold weekly meetings with the operations team to review
fulfillment errors and devise action plans and hold the team
accountable, and communicate other operational requirements in the
* Be accountable for financial reviews and understand impact of
menu planning on COGs and waste at the market level. Be able to
understand and adapt based on targets and cost-savings
* Act as a liaison for our Nutrition team for internal and external
contacts; understand and explain compliance, ingredient standards
and menu planning/items questions.
* Plan and manage special projects/programs at the market level
such as Commodity Credits and FFVP programs, working closely with
purchasing and partners.
* Oversee large process or system changes at the market level
through to completion while maintaining communication to all
necessary contacts (ie. Applecore enhancements, platform changes,
Customer Service Management & Accountability (40%)
* Day to Day management of Customer Service and Data Systems
* Effectively train, delegate, and hold the team accountable for
project deadlines. Projects include error investigations, order
changes, fulfillment logs and reporting, entering invoice
adjustments, menu loading into internal systems, substitution
communication to partners
* Manage timelines of communication; ensuring partners are getting
responses in a timely fashion while prioritizing proactive
* Support customer service as needed, willing and able to step in
and act as a customer service representative during busy times or
* Manage escalated partnership issues, directly contacting the
partners to resolve issues, and must be proactive where possible
and resolution driven.
* Work closely with the Customer Success Team and communicate
partnership needs and escalate issues or concerns as needed in a
* Provide support to Customer Success in onboarding new partners,
training and setting up in our internal systems.
* Work closely with Customer Success and Area Operations Managers
to ensure alignment of communication and operational needs in the
* Review and own monthly invoicing process, and field questions
from partners surrounding monthly invoicing.
* Continuously work towards process flow and systems
* Manage labor hours, team schedules, and Customer Service coverage
during holidays and time off.
* Work with the Director of Operations and Human Resources as
needed for personnel matters.
Data and analytics (20%):
* Upload and maintain all partner information, menu information,
and school site setups in Revolution Foods proprietary, internal
* Support Customer Success with data management in Salesforce.
* Always maintain pricing in Applecore to match contracts.
* Report weekly dashboards/operational updates to internal and
external teams as requested.
* Analyze our customer-related data in which we measure success and
identify places for improvement.
* Prepare weekly reports for market leaders that succinctly capture
customer and order data, internal waste, and revenue reporting.
Preferred Experience and Education:
* B.A. or B.S. or equivalent education/experience.
* Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* 3-5 years of experience managing a team of employees and previous
experience in a customer service role with demonstrated
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* A "big picture" thinker who can manage small details accurately
and brings solid analytical and creative problem-solving
* Engaging presence and strong ability to build authentic
relationships with a variety of stakeholders both internally and
* Ability to work with people with different personalities and work
styles within his/her team and among different teams.
* Outstanding attention to detail, organizational skills and
ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines.
* Demonstrated success in project management and cross-functional
* Demonstrated experience and success in manipulating and analyzing
data to drive revenue-generating results.
* Experience effectively working in a cross-functional manner with
teams who have interwoven, yet different goals.
* Entrepreneurial-minded, coupled with an energetic and positive
spirit, flexibility, a sense of humor, and a willingness to jump
into any role at a moment's notice.
* Demonstrated experience presenting Key Performance Indicators
with strategic recommendations to senior-level management.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
make employment decisions based on merit and the Company's business
needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company
prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed
(including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital
or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or
ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical
condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military
or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Revolution Foods, Silver Spring , Customer Service Manager (Evergreen), Executive , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!