Director of Pharmacy
Company: Adventist HealthCare
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: September 22, 2022
White Oak Medical Center
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click
this link to apply through your Workday account.
Adventist HealthCare is hiring a Full-Time Director of Pharmacy in
Silver Spring, Maryland. We are offering sign-on bonuses up to
We're seeking an experienced Director of Pharmacy who will embrace
our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical,
mental, and spiritual healing.
As a Director of Pharmacy, you will:
* Be responsible for overseeing the direction, supervision, and
coordination of all pharmacy services for facility
* Ensure that all activities are performed in a manner consistent
with applicable state, federal and accrediting organization rules,
regulations, and standards.
* Identify cost-saving and clinical opportunities as it relates to
* Establish and manage the department budget
* Doctor of Pharmacy or Masters of Business or Masters of
* Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy (BS/PharmD
* Licensed Pharmacist in the State of Maryland
* Membership in American Society of Health-System Pharmacists,
Society of Health-System Pharmacist
* Strong customer service skills
* Ability to handle multi-task environment and medical
* Basic PC skills such as Microsoft Word and department specific
* Has at least 5 years of hospital based practice with 2 years of
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by
* Work life balance through non rotating shifts
* Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
* Free Employee parking
* Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including
PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
* 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare
* 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for
the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has
earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist
HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day,
consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just
that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be
Monday through Friday
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be
required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect
to be vaccinated at an designated Adventist HealthCare
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the
United States and an important public health issue. In order to
promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist
HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state
that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of
marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be
classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled
Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be
accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to
applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana.
Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90
days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any
nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully
pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing
the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal
is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow
for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for
applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under
applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable
accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or
religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.
Keywords: Adventist HealthCare, Silver Spring , Director of Pharmacy, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!