Case Manager, Behavioral Health- MSW, LCSW MD
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: May 22, 2023
$10,000 Sign On Bonus Eligible! The case manager is experienced
in behavioral health and addictions social work. The case manager
is responsible for applying specialized care management techniques
in the clinical management of intensive, chronic, or complex cases
and when an individual (child or adult) experiences barriers to
recovery. Works with all age groups to coordinate service delivery,
develop patient-centered and goal focused care plans and provides
coaching and support to reduce risk and promote health and
wellness. Essential Responsibilities:
- Completes assessments by gathering information from the member,
family, provider, state and local agencies, and other stakeholders
according to departments guidelines and timeframes.
- Coordinates, manages, and evaluates services to ensure that
they are consistent with the comprehensive plan of care and are
delivered in a manner that demonstrate high quality and cost
- Supports Behavioral Health Quality Assurance Activities
including but not limited to meeting HEDIS Targets and reducing
Inpatient Readmission rates
- Coordinates care across the care continuum for members
receiving behavioral health and substance abuse services
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates a comprehensive
care plan in collaboration with member, family/caregivers,
providers, state and local agencies
- Works as a liaison to arrange and coordinate services with
community partners including state and local agencies for care
coordination, referrals and treatment arrangements which may occur
as a KP covered service, carved out service or under a waiver
- Participates in meetings with behavioral health providers to
inform them of case management services and benefits available to
- Maintain current and accurate documentation of contacts,
treatment plans, case notes, referrals and assessments in the
electronic health record (HealthConnect). Tracking elements are
entered in the Case Module of HealthConnect
- Resolves telephone and written inquiries from members and
- Maintains and updates knowledge of treatment approaches,
philosophies and techniques for Mental Health/Behavioral Health
- Maintains a list of providers, agencies and programs that can
benefit the member. These include KP, network, carved out/ excluded
services and waiver programs
- Maintains knowledge of current DSM and CPT coding
- Knowledgeable of current medical and case management standards
in the community, recent innovations in patient care, and
availability of alternative community, local, state, and federal
- Performs other related job duties as requested. Basic
- Minimum five (5) years of recent experience (within the past
seven (7) years) in behavioral health care required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience (within the past five (5)
years) in case management required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience and the ability to
communicate effectively with consultants, members, and providers.
- Masters degree in social work required. License, Certification,
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Licensed Certified Social Worker (Maryland) within 6 months of
- Licensed Social Worker (District of Columbia) within 6 months
- Social Worker License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire
- Case Manager Certificate within 72 months of hire from
Commission for Case Managers Certification Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of Behavioral Health Case Management theory and
- Ability to work independently required.
- Requires the ability to work as part of a dynamic, professional
health care team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Requires an understanding of and ease of use with computer, an
intermediate understanding of standard database and spreadsheet
software (Excel) as well as Word Processing software (Word).
- Requires the ability to handle sensitive and confidential
information. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in both ambulatory and in-patient setting
- Experience working with dual diagnosed patients preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of Community Service Boards
- Experience with motivational interviewing preferred.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Silver Spring , Case Manager, Behavioral Health- MSW, LCSW MD, Executive , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...