Manager of Data Science
Company: GAMA-1 Technologies
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 23, 2023
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced remote Manager
of Data Science to oversee our data science activities. The ideal
candidate will have a strong background in machine learning (ML)
and artificial intelligence (AI), with experience working in a
software engineering or research environment. In this role, you
will be responsible for leading the data science team, working with
NOAA and NASA data, and leveraging cloud environments such as
- Lead the data science activities to develop and implement
- Work with NOAA and NASA data to provide insights and
- Design and implement machine learning models and algorithms to
analyze and extract value from data.
- Utilize AI and ML to develop predictive models, recommendation
engines, and natural language processing (NLP) solutions.
- Utilize AWS' ML services such as Amazon SageMaker, Amazon
Transcribe, Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Comprehend, and Amazon Lex
to enhance and optimize data analysis.
- Ensure that all data science projects are completed within
timelines and budgets.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify opportunities
for data-driven decision-making.
- Monitor industry trends and provide recommendations for
incorporating new technologies into data science
- PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in data science or related field.
- Strong understanding of machine learning and artificial
intelligence concepts and techniques.
- Experience with cloud environments, specifically working within
AWS' ML services.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis tools such as Python, R, SQL,
and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage a team of data scientists and prioritize
competing demands.This is an exciting opportunity to work with
cutting-edge technologies and make a significant impact in the
field of data science. -ABOUT GAMA-1GAMA-1 is a rapidly growing
technology business that is based in Greenbelt, Maryland. GAMA-1
Technologies provides strategic information assurance, information
security, and business enterprise and networking solutions to the
Federal Government. Our success is based on the utilization of
industry and agency standards, establishment of standardized
processes, and IT Services expertise. At GAMA-1, we believe
employees should grow, achieve, and develop just as the company
grows, achieves, and develops. GAMA-1 is committed to providing our
employees with opportunities for career advancement throughout
their employment. For more information, visit
www.gama1tech.comGAMA-1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: GAMA-1 Technologies, Silver Spring , Manager of Data Science, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...