Sr. Project Manager
Company: System One
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 25, 2023
System One is hiring a Sr. Project Manager for an opportunity in
Silver Springs, Maryland. Under direction of the Federal Project
Manager, manages all on-site activities for small projects, or a
subtask of a larger projects, in accordance with the project
schedule. This includes directing and coordinating subcontractor
activities in accordance with project / client procedures, scope of
work, and contract specifications. Serves as the primary point of
contact with the client for all site activities related to assigned
area(s) of responsibility. Willingness to work on job site is
- Support of construction and facilities maintenance program for
major clinical laboratory campus
- Collaborates with Federal Project Manager to establish project
schedule and budget, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and
- Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required
to support procurement through government systems, quality control
and final project deliverables.
- Collaborates with Federal Project Manager to determine number
of hours required for successful completion of project tasks.
- Anticipates and reports on project staffing needs in accordance
with schedule requirements.
- Establishes a project safety plan and ensures that it is
communicated to all employees on the job site.
- Actively promotes and supports safety policies and monitors the
job site for good safety practices.
- Posts all required legal notices at the job site.
- Establishes site security measures and monitors site access by
subcontractors and others.
- Chairs weekly job meetings; prepares and submits summary of
project progress and pending issues to Federal Project
- Submits monthly reports to client and responds to client issues
- Assists Federal Project Manager in pricing and negotiating
changes to the scope of work with the client and
- Reviews bid documents and assists with bidder solicitation
- Documents and executes changes in scope of project.
- Anticipates problems and works with client, architects /
engineers, subcontractors, and Federal Project Manager to identify
and implement corrective actions.
- Keeps client and Federal Project Manager informed of the
day-to-day activities of the project.
- Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily
logs and other reports.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position
as may be appropriate. Requirements:
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent
written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of
industry practices and regulations are required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or construction-related field
(or equivalent) and typically 8+ years related work experience is
required with at least 3+ years in a leadership role at a field
- Enrollment in Construction Project Management certification
program is preferred, but not required. Additional Details:
- Temp to hire opportunity.
- Monday Friday
- 8:00 am 5:00 pm
- Weekly pay.
- Benefits after 30 days
Keywords: System One, Silver Spring , Sr. Project Manager, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...