Associate Director - Human Resources
Company: General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Please be sure to submit a current resume when applying for this
Serves as an associate with the HR Director in administering
employment policies and procedures governing the General Conference
(GC). Serves as consultant to other entities located in the GC
complex as requested. Associate is required to provide broad
professional and technical assistance in all areas of Human
Resources with special emphasis on employment and compensation.
- Full-time exempt position with benefits
- Remuneration Range: 93-110% ($84k - $99k Annually)
- Lori Yingling - HR Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serves with the Director in the maintenance of existing
employment policies while participating in new program development,
implementation and monitoring as requested.
- Actively involved in developing strong communication networking
within own department and General Conference, and North American
Division, ADRA and ARM in order to nurture working
- Responsible for the recruitment and hiring programs for the GC,
including reviewing rate analysis, reviewing student/floater
evaluations and new hire testing programs.
- Updates Employee Handbook policies as respects area of
expertise in consultation with Director.
- Works closely with IPRS on International Service Employees
(ISE) hiring and/or issues.
- Assists Director in strategic planning in such areas as
departmental goal setting, HR forecasting, global HR training
- Works with HR Generalist on Laserfiche data collection
- Responsible for HRIS data entry supervision, UKG Time
Management as well as Recruiting and Onboarding modules .
- Reviews HRC notification letters regarding employment actions
- Assists in promoting a positive employee relations environment
through ensuring that the organization's stated employment
principles, policies and programs are consistently adhered to and
- Works with employees and administration to defuse potential
problems, including processing terminations when necessary.
- Monitors and implement approved changes to the compensation
program for employees working with HR Generalist on ERI
- Directs the performance/merit evaluation program for all
- Approves and reviews contracts via Conga management
- Supervises the job description program for all positions.
- Performs Recording Secretary responsibilities for GC HR
- Responsible for reference/background checks and educational
- Oversees annual submission of EEO-1 report.
- Serves as backup for immigration processing.
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing performance of direct
reports; providing prompt and objective coaching and
- Acts on behalf of Director when Director is absent.
- Performs other work-related tasks and assumes additional
responsibilities as may be assigned by Director.
- Must be a member in regular standing of the Seventh-day
- Must maintain a regular and reliable work schedule.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's (BA/BS) degree in personnel/human resource
administration or related business field.
- Nationally recognized HR Certifications required.
- Seven or more year's prior applicable experience (including
supervisory) are required in order to demonstrate mastery of skills
and abilities required for position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of principles, policies and beliefs of the
General Conference and the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Advanced knowledge of professional principles and practices of
human resource administration; knowledge of sound techniques in all
aspects of HR management; advanced knowledge of the church
organizational structure including committee processing, etc.
- Ability to develop long- and short-term plans and programs to
effectively evaluate work accomplishments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with
internal/external personnel; must possess advanced English language
ability to effectively present facts and recommendations in oral
and written form.
- Must possess a participative management style and advocate
teammanship; must be results-oriented while maintaining a
- Ability to effectively assist in budgetary issues required.
Coaching and counseling skills required.
Keywords: General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Silver Spring , Associate Director - Human Resources, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...