Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: February 9, 2019
Laboratory Manager - Silver Spring, MD (#14132)
Cherokee Nation Assurance (CNA) delivers a broad spectrum of professional management consulting services to its defense, health, environmental and civilian agency clients. To assist clients in achieving their goals, CNA provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including health information technology, research & science, program management, communications, correspondence and document management, governance and administrative support. Wholly owned by Cherokee Nation, CNA is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokee-cna.com/Pages/Home.aspx
We are seeking a Laboratory Manager to support federally regulated research requirements to develop new medical products for the Warfighter including but not limited to support necessary to conduct clinical trials, analyze resulting data, and generate study reports.
The mission of our client, the Walter Reed Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), is to conduct biomedical research that is responsive to Department of Defense and U.S. Army requirements, and delivers lifesaving products including knowledge, technology, and medical materiel that sustain the combat effectiveness of the war fighter
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Primary person to perform phlebotomy for simple through full blood unit collections using standard techniques and universal precautions for approved research protocols.
* Receive and/or assist in collection of other types of samples (e.g. stool, urine, nasal swabs).
* Assist study coordinators in site preparation and required logistics for clinical study execution.
* Prepare, package and ship clinical specimens according to regulations, policies or procedures.
* Conduct work within a clinical research setting, with ethical and HIPAA-like requirements. Additionally, ICH GCP guidelines, FDA and military regulations and applicable state laws are in practice.
* Maintain a safe workplace, ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations.
* Adapt to multiple priorities related to study requirements and personnel involvement.
* Organize and maintain lab; implement best practices.
* Resource for information regarding lab practices and blood draw requirements
* Direct other staff and study personnel as needed to meet each study's requirements.
* Create and maintain specific lab and study documentation.
* Create and maintain inventories of specimen collection material.
* Create and/or assist in the design and update of laboratory-based SOPs and various study documents.
* Inventory: maintain and update supplies.
* As the main Point of Contact will interact with other labs, couriers, etc.
* Computer proficient in word and excel programs; save and store documents electronically, create forms.
* Provide all job-related progress reports/technical reports as requested.
* Perform other duties as required and assigned.
* This position will not have supervisory authority.
Education and/or Experience
* At least 1 year as a certified phlebotomist with experience in specimen processing, shipping, and archiving.
* National Phlebotomy Association certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable National Agency Check (NAC)
* Must be a US citizen
Work is conducted in a laboratory, office or clinical/hospital environment; possible evening and/or weekend hours. Requires work on military base with requirement for background investigation.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement - EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
Keywords: Cherokee Nation Businesses, Silver Spring , LABORATORY MANAGER, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!