Program Manager - Nursing Research
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Responsibilities:The Program Manager provides onsite supervision to grants management, outreach, and education personnel for all program activities and serves as the supervisor of offsite program staff, including a Research Interest Group Coordinator and four Evidence-Based Practice Facilitators. In addition, the Program Manager serves as primary operational point of contact (POC) and reports directly to the TSNRP Executive Director as well as to the Palladian s Corporate Monitor.Essential Job Functions
- Provide strategic oversight, in concert with the Executive Director, for a wide range of program activities, including outreach and education, recruitment and development of military nurse scholars, communications, grants management, and expansion of evidence-based practice nursing across the military health system.
- Plan and develop methods and procedures to implement the program, and direct and monitor multiple program activities simultaneously.
- Review reports and records of activities to ensure progress toward specified program objectives and modify or change methodology as required to redirect activities and attain objectives.
- Prioritize a wide range of ongoing and periodic program activities and align them with TSNRP s mission.
- Provide guidance and leadership in managing TSNRP s grant portfolio and in executing the full grant lifecycle, from receipt of grant applications to grant completion and close-out.
- Supervise, evaluate, mentor, and guide program staff. Recruit and train new personnel as necessary.
- Engender a mission-driven, team culture among the program staff based on mutual respect, cooperation, honesty, and excellence.
- Prepare program reports for TSNRP Executive Director.
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets as well as budgets for special projects.
- Represent TSNRP at courses, workshops, and other TSNRP nursing research events.
- Develop and nurture relationships with military nurse scientists.Qualifications
- RN with an advanced nursing degree (e. g., MSN, DNP, or PhD in nursing) or an equivalent level of scholarly training and expertise.
- Two years of research or grants management experience with certification in grants management desired.
- Experience with and knowledge of federal accounting and payroll systems.
- Five years of project management experience, including supervising staff and ensuring standard operating procedures are followed, developing and monitoring project budgets, establishing and meeting project goals and objectives, and providing strategic counsel to clients.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow-through on assigned tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and oral communications.
- Proficiency with a wide range of software, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database programs. Familiarity with managing and updating web content using a content management system a plus.
- Federal government travel (Defense Travel System) and finance knowledge and experience.
- Marketing and dissemination writing and editing experience (e. g., scholarly publications, newsletter articles, reports, flyers, etc.).
- Military experience a plus.Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.Palladian Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Keywords: Altarum, Silver Spring , Program Manager - Nursing Research, Executive , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!