Information Systems Security Engineer ISSE3 (Government)
Posted on: November 12, 2021
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure,
IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional
services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to
recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing
workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our
shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.RIS I is the
delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support
of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and
voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks,
including wireless and cable plant.AT&T has an opening for
Information Systems Security Engineer to support the team by
performing or reviewing technical security assessments of computing
environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance
with established Information Assurance (AI) standards and
regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. ----Description
of Job Duties/Responsibilities: ----
- Reviewing security architectures, firewall configurations,
IDS/IPS, and security controls for new and proposed systems.
- Prevention and early detection and resolution of risks to high
- Development and management of strategic and tactical physical,
personnel and procedural security programs.
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate
security-focused tools and services including project leadership
- Providing software vulnerability remediation advice to software
developers and software development teams.
- Implementing security vulnerability testing tools to provide
continuous monitoring and patch verification.
- Test and evaluate products in a lab environment.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A)
documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of
- Knowledge of 800-53-- controls, testing information systems for
compliance of the controls, and the creation of test cases.
- Knowledge of incident response and the creation, execution, and
reporting of such activities.
- Knowledge of Firewalls, IDS/IPS, intrusion detection, VLANS,
routing and other network security technologies.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies including virtual
firewalls, networking and segmentation.
- Knowledge of networking and firewall configuration and
- Knowledge of SIEM technologies such as Splunk and creation of
security event related dashboards.
- Knowledge of Malware identification, containment, and
- Knowledge of access control systems, PKI, multi-factor
authentication, and entitlements management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Linux operating
- Provide input into the development of security policies and
- Provide detailed security recommendations for the secure
development and maintenance of systems.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and
- Provide security operations support as needed.
- Participate in projects that develop new intellectual
- Evangelize security within the organization and be an advocate
for customer trust.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills.
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
- Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as
required in a 24 x 7 environment.
- In order to be considered for this position you must have a
valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record and
eligible to drive a company car.Required Clearance: TS/SCI with
polygraph. (#polygraph) ------------Required Qualifications: Twenty
(20) years' experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of
similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government
is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information
Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related
discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for
a bachelor's degreeDoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 2 is
required.Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Keywords: AT&T, Silver Spring , Information Systems Security Engineer ISSE3 (Government), Government & Protective Services , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!