Physician Assistant, Primary Care
Company: Advantia Health
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: February 11, 2020
Physician Assistant, Comprehensive Women's Health
Position:Physician Assistant, Primary Care Locations: Silver Spring
or Glenn Dale, Maryland Full-time About Comprehensive Women's
Health: Comprehensive Women's Health (CWH) is an internal medicine
practice designed for women, by women. Realizing that the focus of
women's healthcare should extend beyond our reproductive organs
alone, our careful and attentive medical staff provides
comprehensive healthcare focusing on individualized treatment for
women of all ages. We promote disease prevention. Our doctors are
board certified and treat a myriad of illnesses including diabetes,
hypertension, and obesity. We use state-of-the-art technology to
provide high-quality care featuring a secure electronic medical
record system, digital EKGs, and a patient tracking system for
rapid notification of medication recalls.
We are an NCQA Level 3 recognized Patient-Centered Medical Home
(PCMH) with a majority of commercial patients and a fully
CWH Certifications & Recognitions:
- NCQA Level 3
- "Enterprising Women" Magazine and Women Owned
- Washingtonian's "Top Doctors"
- ABIM Learn more at: mdforwomen.com About Advantia Health: To
provide the highest quality patient care available, Comprehensive
Women's Health is partnered with Advantia Health. Advantia is
transforming healthcare for all women - setting a higher standard
of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs.
Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to
listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology
between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease.
Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that
align incentives with the best interests of women and their
families. Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and
acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers
across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN
and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health
plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers
to deliver high-value care through technology products. Learn more
at: What are we looking for?
Primary care practice seeking team member to assist with
coordinating and managing medical care for our patients. Preferred
candidates will have at least three years' relevant experience in a
primary care setting and working with an EMR/eClinicalWorks.
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and
interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treats illnesses
including giving injections and mild procedures. Consults with
physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated
medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a NP's scope
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care.
Communicates with specialists, hospitals, and facilities involved
in patient's medical team.
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Responds
to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Counsels patient/family on preventive health care.
- Documents patient information and care in medical record and
may maintain department statistical database for research
- Assumes responsibility for patient care in the absence of
primary care physician.
- Monitors and completes incoming and outgoing patient
communication (PAQ, Prescriptions, inbox, portal messages,
- Ensure patient receives and understands patient plans.
- Complies with ACO and NCQA policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all clinical notes are completed within one
clinical day. Basic Qualifications:
- Master of Science degree with completion of an accredited PA
- Licensing in Maryland required
- Current state licensure as a Physician Assistant
- Current BLS certification or obtained prior to providing direct
patient care is required
- DEA and CDS eligible Ideal Qualifications:
- 3+ years' experience as a PA Benefits: Consistent with our
belief that our providers are our most valuable resource, CWH and
Advantia Health offers a competitive and inclusive benefits
package, including health, dental, vision, 401k with employer
match. We also offer great work/life balance and paid
holidays/CME/PTO. Interested candidates please apply at : Physician
Assistant, Comprehensive Women's HealthPosition:Physician
Assistant, Primary CareLocations: Silve...
Keywords: Advantia Health, Silver Spring , Physician Assistant, Primary Care, Healthcare , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!