Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor
Company: Mary's Center
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Silver Spring Clinic -
Silver Spring, MDRemote Type Temporary RemotePosition Type Full
TimeEducation Level Graduate DegreeJob Category Nonprofit - Social
ServicesDescriptionMary's Center is committed to promoting
diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within our organization
andthe communities we serve. We embrace diversity of experiences,
ideas, and individuals, and seek to bring a diverse group of
candidates to the table.Important Note: Mary's Center is mandating
the COVID-19 vaccine for all staff, except for those that
demonstrate an approved medical or religious exception.The Clinical
Supervisor is responsible for the provision of clinically sound
behavioral health services and quality supervision to LGSW or LGPC
and LICSW or LPC level therapists and/or Community Support Workers
as needed. The position may also be responsible for, in addition to
clinical supervision, project-based work that supports program
development. The position supports the growth of evidence-based
practices in the field of behavioral health.Additional duties
include direct face to face encounters with participants,
supervision of up to 3 and no more than 6 staff members, and a
level of mastery and oversight in designated clinical areas
including but not limited to: intake and diagnostic assessment,
clinical documentation, treatment planning, referrals and linkages
to care, and discharge of behavioral health participants. In
addition, this position supports follow up on corrective action
plans that result of internal or external audits, correction of
claims, eCW and encounter compliance, onboarding and orienting new
staff, monitoring clinical aspects of service delivery, and guiding
the overall professional growth of supervisees. The purpose of this
position is to provide not only therapy, but also orientation,
clinical guidance, quality assurance, and clinical oversight to the
provision of behavioral health services as well as the integration
of the Mary's Center Social Change Model. Other duties include
implementation of grant or funding requirements such as data
collection or report writing.Candidates for the Clinical Supervisor
position who bring a wealth of experience connecting with
communities of color and bilingual in English and Spanishare
strongly encouraged to apply.Reportability This position will
report directly to a Senior Clinical Manager. This position will
supervise up to 3 but no more than 6 staff members.Essential Duties
and ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily.Supervisor must have all qualifications necessary
from their jurisdiction. For Maryland Behavioral Health, one must
be a certified supervisor according to the Board of Social Work in
MD in order to supervise and therefore become a Clinical
- Complete a diagnostic assessment of referred participants
(including DSM diagnosis), gather information from referral source,
client chart and other pertinent sources, including family members
and past providers ofcare.
- Complete intake packet with appropriate consent that allows
- Provide individual, group, and family therapy to assist clients
in their insight development and individual service system plan
- Maintain a caseload to complete a designated number of
billable, face to face client encounters weekly, determine by scope
of work.The number depends onhow manydirect reports the
clinicalsupervisorhas and may vary over the course of employment.
- Maintain ongoing contact with families and significant others
to includeancillary providersto update them to the clients'
- Apply crisis managementskillswhennecessary,to
- Implementdeliverables of specific grants that detail services
that are beyond the scope of therapy services such as workshops,
trainings, advocacy, education, community action and communication
- Participate in team meetings that support clinical role as a
therapist, team member, or supervisor.
- Complete Individual Recovery Plan (IRP) and
CrisisPlanswhennecessary,with client and relevant service providers
as well as reviewing the IRP every 6months.
- Completenecessary assessments and screening tools such as GAIN,
LOCUS, CAFAS, OHIO,etcas indicated by specific program
- Document all contacts, referrals and other
- Accept cultural diversity and integrate the family's values and
culture intoassessment and treatmentconversations.
- Explain worker's role, responsibilities and client's rights,
including confidentiality and mandatedreportingto participant's and
- Maintain client records that are accurate, comprehensive and
adhere to documentationpolicies.
- Complete billing and documentation requirements on a timely
basis, within 48 hours
- Meet billing expectations that are determined on a
- Understand and apply state and federal confidentiality
regulationswith regard toclients' records andcorrespondence.
- Maintain monthly statistics and provide reports as needed
- Participate in and help facilitate case reviews onclients.
- Participate in and help facilitate treatment teammeetings.
- Participate in organization-wide and division-wide meetings and
committees, departmental meetings and other meetings/conferences as
- Identify and participate in other trainings or committees that
can further professionalgrowth.
- Perform other duties as assigned by theManagersof School-Based
Mental Health Clinical and Administrative Supervision
- Demonstrate clinical leadership in department (examples =
committee work, training, case conferences, project oversight,
etc.)for internal candidates
- Demonstrate competence in project coordination to include
appropriate collaboration,communication, andorganization.
- Provide clinical supervision toup to between 1 and 5licensed
graduate social workers, licensed clinical social workers,licensed
graduate level professional counselors,licensed professional
counselors, community support workers, and other positions that
support program implementation.
- The ability to lead a project from start to finish,
producingtangibleresultsincluding but not limited to financial
grant management, reports, and grant or programdeliverables.
- Implement and provide oversight to clinical services provided
by the Behavioral Health Department
- Develop and review Diagnostic and Assessment plans, treatment
plans, andsupervise staff to ensure they complete necessary steps
for authorizations based upon the insurance provider including DBH,
Managed Care, private, and any other insurance identified.
- Engage inthe interviewprocess for vacant therapist and
Community Support Worker (CSW) positions
- Train new clinical staff on orientation to the Department
procedures/protocols, and specific DBH and other payer
- Participate inand/or leadclinical team meetings to discuss
cases through group supervision activities and lead
- Engage in scheduled Clinical Peer Review of designated
electronic records to ensure compliance with all
- Identify and implement evidence based clinical practices
appropriate to the populationserved.
- Attend meetings that support overall understanding of the
department and grant programs related to theposition.
- Provide general oversight to clinical aspects of service
delivery including clinical documentation, eCW compliance,
onboarding and orienting new staff, and monitoring of quality
- Lock required notes within 48 hours of receipt of thenote.
- Ensure and maintain the high-level ofquality-of-servicedelivery
supporting the team in meeting their productivitystandards.
- Review and sign-off on diagnostic assessments, treatment plans,
progress notes and ensure ongoing quality in theseareas.
- Participate in the weekly 24-hour on-call
- Facilitate case reviews on clients and treatment teammeetings.
- Identify and participate in trainings or committees necessary
to support understanding and integrationof mentalhealth and further
- Ensure staff maintain their CEU requirementsto maintain their
licenseand to enhance their continued professionalgrowth.
- Review and sign-off on treatment plans, progress notes, and
documented participant support provided bystaff.
- Maintain statistics as requested, provide standardized monthly
and quarterly reports regarding service delivery for internal and
- Complete individual timesheet andreview andapprove assigned
staff timesheets in Paycom system, ensure grant codes arecorrect.
- Develop Performance evaluations
anddevelopwhennecessary,performance improvement plans designed to
coach assigned employees to improved performance.
- Report on clinical outcomes related to completed Individual
Rehabilitative Plans (IRP's), Crisis plans, documentation that
supports the claim and servicedelivered.
- Other duties as assigned. Documentation:
- Ensure therapistquality andcompliance of all documentation to
include insurance authorization, eCW documentation,Diagnostic
Assessments, andIndividualized treatment plans.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of all supervision meetings
and maintain supervisory agreements with all supervisees.
- Ensure timely documentation writing and approvals and notes
ineCW QualificationsThe requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Preferred
candidates shouldpossess2+ years of clinically licensed work
experience (LICSW, LCSW-C, LPC, or LMFT), have a DC and preferably
MD Clinical License and must have an average rating of 3+ on a
performance review for previous year (for internal candidates)and
the following skills:
- Strong organizational, leadership, professional, interpersonal,
and communication skills.
- Strong professional judgement and ability to apply an ethical
framework in clinical considerations.
- Consistently meeting or exceeding productivity and
- Demonstrates ability to apply theory to practice as evidenced
by interpretive summaries in DA that have nuance and depth Turn raw
data into meaningful clinical formulations - same as above.
- Has sought advanced clinical training in a specific modality
ORhas a particular skill,degree, or focusthat can make a unique
contribution to the program.
- Demonstrates leadership in department through any number of
activities such as committee work, training, case conferences,
externaladvocacy Education and/or Experience - Requires a master's
degree in Social Work, Counseling, Human Services or related-field
and a Social Worker License (LICSW) or eligibility in the District
of Columbia. Must have 3-5 years of clinical management/supervisory
experience and a minimum of one 2 years clinical experience in a
school-based setting. Connection with Communities of Color --
Actively foster healthy connections with people of color. Prior
professional experience serving clients and supporting staff from
diverse backgrounds. Physical Demands - Regularly required to sit;
frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop,
kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to
twenty-five (25) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Work Environment - Willingness to work in a typical
office and/or home setting with quiet to moderate noise level. May
be exposed to extreme cold, heat, and humidity due to outside
weather conditions. Tech & Compliance--Working knowledge of Windows
and Word; knowledge of patient confidentiality issues and HIPAA
compliance/regulation are essential. Valid Driver's License
Keywords: Mary's Center, Silver Spring , Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor, Healthcare , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!