Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last 40
years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states
and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women's and
children's specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care
for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically
ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical
settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of
Pediatrix and Obstetrix Medical Groups have used evidence-based
tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and
telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide
high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of
almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced
practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts
who work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great
care of the patient -. We invite you to join the Mednax family and
help shape the future of health care.MEDNAX has grown from a single
medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more
than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our
family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
- We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of
health care.The diagnostic medical Sonographer provides diagnostic
ultrasound tests for patients. The diagnostic medical sonographer
works with other members of the healthcare team to provide
comprehensive care to pregnant womenResponsibilities
- Prepares patients for ultrasound examination.
- Prepares patients for physicians.
- Explains procedures to the patient prior to the commencement of
the testing and provides patient education related to medical
- Explains procedures to assure cooperation and optimum test
- Ensures the appropriate consent and/or declinations are
- Conducts ultrasonic diagnostic procedures and records
anatomical, pathological and/or physiological data for
interpretation by a physician.
- Assists physician during invasive procedures requiring
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains patient charts and records, and records and processes
sonographic data and other pertinent observations made during the
procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician.
- Code appropriately for services performed; submit completed
billing work sheets daily.
- Notify Patient Service Associate of additional services
performed which require authorization.
- Maintains proper operation of the ultrasound equipment.
Recognizes equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of ultrasound
- Maintain archives/records scans.
- Maintains effective working relationships with patients,
medical staff and the public.
- Acts in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner, recognizing an
individual's religious, ethical, and moral opinions/beliefs.
- Recognizes ethical, legal and professional issues inherent in
providing care to pregnant women.
- Comply with safety and security training and OSHA
- Complete all required Compliance Training.
- Participates in staff development, in-service workshops and
- Participates in professional development activities and
- Maintains professional affiliations.
- Performs other assigned duties as directedQualifications
- An individual must possess a current/valid certification in
- Satisfactory completion of one of the following; at least two
(2) years in Allied Health Educational Program and one (1) year
on-the-job training in ultrasonography, or completion of an
approved ultrasonography educational program.
- Maintain or be eligible for certification the American
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
- Must provide evidence of continuing education credits to
fulfill accreditation requirements.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status
Keywords: Mednax, Silver Spring , Sonographer, Healthcare , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!