Hiring Now! Registered Nurse Endoscopy
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Job Summary
- Independently assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the
nursing care of patients from admission through discharge. In
collaboration with the patient and family, provides theory-based
professional nursing care and coordinates care delivery with the
physician and other members of the healthcare team. MedStar
Ambulatory Services is committed to providing world-class,
compassionate care to every patient,every time, at every touch
point. All associates are accountable for their role in meeting
patient experience standards.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- 2 years RN experience, or 1 year RN experience plus 5 years LPN
- Previous GI/Endoscopy experience is REQUIRED
- Valid RN license in the District of Columbia, Maryland or
Virginia, or any combination as required based on work
- CPR certification required.
- ACLS certified for Pre-Op or PACU
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to precept. Demonstrated high level of
clinical competence. Effective interpersonal skills, including
verbal and written communication. Basic math skills. Basic computer
skills preferred. Previous experience with the use of specialized
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to surgical schedule and case turnover consistent with
standards. Is ready for first case of the day consistent with OR
scheduling policies. Maintains communication with control desk
anticipating delays or completion of case.
- Anticipates needs of surgical team by correctly assembling
needed supplies for each procedure according to physician
preference card. Verifies that all equipment is functioning at the
beginning of and during the case, recognizing own problem-solving
limitations, and seeks assistance as needed. Maintains a sterile
field throughout the case by practicing aseptic techniques in
accordance with standards of care and infection control guidelines;
or anticipates needs of the perioperative patient in the PACU
- Communicates patient's clinical information clearly and
accurately in verbal and written format. Clearly and accurately
documents pertinent information in the patient's medical record.
Consistently demonstrates effective documentation practices and
develops strategies to ensure complete documentation of patient
- Completes timely initial and ongoing patient assessments,
considering the physiological, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural,
and developmental needs of patients and families. Serves as a
resource in planning care for complex patients.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations. Seeks opportunities to participate
in developing, revising standards of practice to meet changing
patient population requirements.
- Coordinates care of assigned patient(s) preoperatively,
intraoperatively, and/or postoperatively. Consistently demonstrates
effective leadership behavior. Maintains patient privacy and
confidentiality. Facilitates collaboration among other health team
members fostering effective communication with other
- Delivers nursing care to patients considering the current
status of the patient and the plan of care and incorporating the
principles of patient centered care.
- Evaluates the patient's response to treatment and progress
toward identified goals and revises plan of care as
- In collaboration with the patient, family, and other members of
the health care team, systematically develops, revises, and
coordinates the patient's plan of care. Formulates nursing
diagnosis as necessary. Assists others in developing, revising, and
coordinating patient's plan of care.
- In coordinating the delivery of patient care, delegates
activities to unlicensed staff in accordance with MedStar/facility
policies, principles of Patient-Centered Care, and the Maryland
Nurse Practice Act. Supervises the performance of the delegated
nursing task by the unlicensed staff. Assists staff in
delegation/time management skills. Identifies ways to facilitate
working relationships among all levels of staff.
- Initiates and monitors discharge planning activities in
collaboration with other members of the health care team. Takes the
lead in facilitating timely discharge.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment of caring for
patients and families. Provides basic patient comfort measures.
When necessary, provides environmental support to expedite timely
patient admission or transfer. Ensures a safe, supportive
environment for staff and medical staff. Identifies and acts upon
opportunities to improve the environment of care.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service
- Performs other duties as assigned. About MedStar Health MedStar
Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for
people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while
advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation
and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians
work in a variety of settings across our health system, including
10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the
largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Silver Spring , Hiring Now! Registered Nurse Endoscopy, Healthcare , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!