Occupational Therapist Home Health PRN
Company: Kindred at Home
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: August 5, 2022
As a Home Health Occupational Therapist, you will:
* Assess/screen patient's daily living/work-related skills and
develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives.
Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of
function to patients in their homes or other settings to assist the
physician in evaluating the patient's level of function.
* Confer with the patient's physician and other health care team
members and participate in development/revision of the Plan of Care
* Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in
accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength,
coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation
* Review/expand the retraining programs in a manner consistent with
the behavioral goals of each patient and within the guidelines of
the rehabilitation program as a whole.
* Consult with other vocational team members, as appropriate, to
develop and implement vocationally oriented plans consistent with
the needs and capabilities of patients.
* Report patient status and progress to the physician,
rehabilitation staff, Clinical Manager, patient and family
* Participate in care coordination and discharge planning
activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in
meeting patient's needs.
* Design community reintegration activities to assist the client in
the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological
adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the
* Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for clients to
improve residence or working environments or improve their
participation in the rehabilitation program and/or community.
* Design/train staff and family members to carry out the retraining
program including dressing, feeding, grooming and hygiene skills,
participate in team and family educational meetings.
* Coordinate/oversee/supervise/instruct and evaluates Occupational
Therapy Assistant and Home Health Aide performance in implementing
occupational therapy services.
* Accurately and thoroughly document patients' care observations,
interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered.
Ensure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician are
accurately documented and implemented. Submit evaluation, treatment
plans and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management
* Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
* A minimum of six months of occupational therapy experience
* Home Health experience a plus
* Current and unrestricted OT licensure
* Current CPR certification
* Good organizational and communication skills
* This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
Who we are
Together, we can raise the bar on home healthcare
CenterWell Home Health (formerly Kindred at Home), is one of the
nation's leading providers of home care, with an incredible team of
compassionate clinicians who deliver high-quality, specialty care
to patients. Many of our clinicians live in the same neighborhoods
they serve - providing the much-needed care to people in their
As a company, we strive to lead by example and show employees the
same compassion and care we expect them to show patients. We
provide employees the resources, stability, and job flexibility
they truly deserve. We help them fulfill their personal and
professional goals while enjoying industry-leading benefits,
competitive salaries, opportunities for career and professional
growth, and a healthy work/life balance.
Part of Humana's Home Solution business
CenterWell Home Health cares for nearly 80,000 patients every day
in over 350 locations, across 38 states. As part of Humana Inc., we
create experiences that put patients at the center, working in
collaboration with healthcare providers to bring multidisciplinary
care directly to the comfort and safety of home. The result is
easy, comprehensive and personalized care that helps patients lead
healthier, happier lives.
Caring for people who care for our patients
Experience has shown us that supporting and nurturing employees
helps them become the best version of themselves and more
compassionate, committed home health professionals. That's why
CenterWell Home Health never stops working to improve the employee
experience. Our people are our greatest resource, and we are
committed to creating an environment they enjoy stepping into every
World-class employee benefits
* Competitive pay and benefits package
* 50% matching 401(k) contributions up to 6%
* Career advancement opportunities
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Advanced Continuing Education (CE) accredited training
We have careers near you
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our
Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll-free)
855-563-2846 or apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you
start a new and rewarding career with CenterWell Home Health.
Keywords: Kindred at Home, Silver Spring , Occupational Therapist Home Health PRN, Healthcare , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!