Hospice - RN/Case Manager
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Come work for one of the best Hospice programs in the State as a
full time Case Manager which provides the opportunity to work
independently and make your own daily schedule. In this role you
will provide our patients and families exceptional end-of-life care
that supports dignity and comfort for individuals, provides peace
of mind to families, and honors cultural traditions and
- Full- time Primary RNs/Case Managers are responsible for
carrying a caseload of approximately 12 patients.
- Identify and evaluate palliative needs of patients, utilizing
the nursing process; with particular attention to pain assessment
and response to treatment.
- Render age appropriate skilled nursing care in accordance with
the plan of care using current and accepted nursing knowledge,
methods and techniques.
- Instruct and counsel family members and other caregivers in
hospice care (including interpreting the plan of care).
- Have sufficient knowledge of third party reimbursement,
especially Medicare/Medicaid, to interpret to the patient and
family the availability and/or limitations of these programs.
- Provide back-up on call one night a month.
- Required to cover 2 holidays a year.
- An active State of Maryland RN license.
- A minimum of 1 year of acute care, home health or hospice
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide
meaningful care to and communicate with the terminally ill.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, caring and organized.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills and experienced with using
- Enjoys being part of a cohesive team but is adept at working
- Must have reliable and independent transportation to make
facility and home visits throughout Montgomery County.Benefits:
- Pay Range: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Eligible for a $5,000 signing bonus
- Supportive work environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package to include:
Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision insurance, 403b Retirement Plan,
Paid Leave (sick/vacation/personal/holidays), and much more...
All JSSA staff must comply with our mandatory COVID vaccination
policy requiring staff to be up to date on their vaccination.
The Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) has been helping people
across the Washington metropolitan area meet emotional, social, and
physical challenges for more than 120 years. A nonsectarian
provider, we serve people of all religious backgrounds, races and
ethnicities, helping the youngest child to the most fragile senior,
from individuals to entire families. JSSA provides services and
support to nearly 31,000 individuals a year through our wide range
of counseling, educational, specialized employment, in-home
support, hospice and nursing care, and social services. We are a
growing Agency and strive to be an Employer of Choice. As such we
offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy
work-life balance, collaborative team environment and many
opportunities for personal growth and professional development. We
pride ourselves on our mission to be the first place for the Jewish
community, as well as the community at large, to turn for clinical
and social services of the highest quality that sustain and nurture
all who seek assistance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: JSSA, Silver Spring , Hospice - RN/Case Manager, Healthcare , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!