HSC Home Care Registered Nurse
Company: Children's National Hospital
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Registered Nurse assumes responsibility and accountability
for the management of nursing and home health aide functions and
the utilization of ancillary agency staff. Supervises and assists,
when needed, with client care in accordance with established
standards of care. Promotes positive relationships between nursing,
home health aide employees, physicians and other agencies. Projects
a competent, caring image to the public served.
Vocational Education Graduate of a fully accredited school of
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and
skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the
clients served in a home/community setting. He/she must also
demonstrate knowledge of principles of growth and development over
the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the
client's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to
identify each patient requirement relative to his or her age
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in Maryland Upon Hire (Required)Cardio-Pulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) Upon Hire (Required)
Essential Job Duties
- 1. All clinical skills as outlined and demonstrated on the
Clinical Skills assessment and Check List (completed during new
- 2. Collaborates with primary care physicians and other members
of the health care tea.
- 3. Safeguards the rights of the client and protects all client
information in a confidential manner.
- 4. Performs clinical assessments for in home care and
- 5. Able to effective document and communicate care needs to the
physician and health care team.
- 6. Coordinates client care and services.
- 7. Effective develops and implements care plan for clients
receiving home care services.
- 8. Effectively reports client safety issues to the Clinical
Director and other members of the home care team and appropriate
external agency such CFSA.
- 9. Communicates and documents client needs and condition
changes to the appropriate person(s).
- 10. Acts rapidly and appropriately in emergency situations.
- 11. Acts as a liaison between the client, physician, staff,
and/or visitors to promote a positive care environment.
- 12. Performs Initial assessments and development of plan of
- 13. Performs health/disease/care related education that is
- 14. Observes and monitors care delegated to others.
- 15. Supervisory visits are initiated and documented to support
client care management.
- 16. Makes visits on clients as needed, identifying and
prioritizing problems and nursing care needs.
- 17. Reports suspected client abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- 18. Ensures physician orders are clear, safe, effective and are
carried out according to policies and procedures.
- 19. Assists nursing and home health aide staff when carrying
physician orders and care plan interventions.
- 20. Demonstrates a kind, cooperative, courteous manner that
supports culturally and linguistically appropriate service.
- 21. Communicates staff and client needs to the appropriate
- 22. Matters concerning nursing procedures are carried out in
accordance with standards of practice, scope of licensure and the
HSC Home Care policies and procedures.
- 23. Assumes assigned responsibilities for the emergency
preparedness to support client safety and care.
- 24. Reviews physician, health team reports from nurses, home
health aides and ancillary staff to insure adequate staffing and
knowledge of client's conditions.
- 25. Records and reports admissions, discharges, deaths and any
unusual situations to the appropriate to clinical manager/clinical
- 26. Problems with clients are addressed, resolved as
appropriate and reported to the Clinical Manager, Clinical Director
and Vice President as applicable.
- 27. Participates in new employee field orientation, check offs
and serves as a role model to orient, develop and guide new nursing
and home health aide staff members.
- 28. Accurately completes incident and/or counseling reports in
a timely manner, reporting such occurrences to the Clinical
- 29. Participates in employee evaluations and counseling related
to the supervision of employees.
- 30. Evaluations are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- 31. Participates in staff meetings, giving suggestions for
enrichment of the organization.
- 32. Participates in team conferences and insures proper
document is maintained on file to support care planning.
- 33. Reports on and off duty on time and as assigned.
- 34. Actively participates in the collection of
performance/quality improvement data.
- 35. Assists management in meeting budgeted expectations.
- 36. Visit planning and preparation, on an on-going basis, is
demonstrated to ensure successful client/patient outcomes, surveys
- 37. Participates community health promotion activities.
- 38. Establishes good rapport with civic clubs, organizations,
health care providers and governmental agencies as demonstrated by
referrals being received from a variety of sources.
- 39. Demonstrates ability to present self in a professional
manner to reach out to the community as evidenced by professional
appearance and attitude.
- 40. Offers assistance and provides direction to clients, care
managers, discharge planners, physicians and families in a concise
- 41. Initiates activities which promote an increase in client
census and visit growth.
- 42. Participates in the development of new programs which will
meet client needs and expand the scope of services.
- 43. Carries out DOH, CMS, CHAP standards that promotes
compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- 44. Participates on assigned committees such as CLAS, Safety,
Quality etc.to support organizational goals.
- 45. Meets established deadlines.
- 46. Ensures skills check-list is completed and up-to-date.
- 47. Utilizes proper personal protective equipment to control
and limit exposure to blood and body fluids.
- 48. Reviews, understands and adheres to the Company's Code of
Conduct and Billing Compliance Programs.
- 49. Performs the satisfactory volume of work with an
appropriate rate of progress on assignments.
- 50. Employee's output of work is thorough, accurate and meets
the quality of standards.
- 51. Attendance and punctuality are satisfactory.
- 52. Responds or conforms to changing, new or unexpected
situations with flexibility.
- 53. Maintains current knowledge in present areas of
responsibility (i.e. attends ongoing educational programs).
- 54. Exhibits an awareness and respect of others to promote a
harmonious productive work environment.
- 55. Meets with supervisor at an established time frame to
provide client status reports.
- 56. Maintains a positive relationship with peers and
supervisor. Other job duties:
- 1. Performs other duties as assigned. Organizational
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Demonstrates understanding of quality of service and
collaborates with co-workers to ensure excellence standard is
- Innovates through improvement of care and/or efficiency of
- Dedicated to a standard of performance excellence and high
quality All In
- Embraces changes/improvements and actively participates in the
implementation of new/improved programs, technology, new equipment,
systems and resources that promote quality of care, safety and
- Identifies, prioritizes and selects alternative solutions to
determine best outcome Action Oriented
- Maintains a high level of activity/productivity, meeting
deadlines and appropriately prioritizing tasks to meet business
- Anticipates problems and attempts to solve before they develop
- None Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure
- Category I: Job usually involves contact with patients or
patient specimens. Exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin
or tissue specimens, is possible. Protected Health Information
- Level IV - Full Access Incumbents in this job may access any
protected health information associated to a customer's needs, the
service(s) rendered and the position's functions. Working
- This position operates in home and community environments.
- Medium Work: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting
and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Travel
- This is a PRN, regular position working standard and extended
Keywords: Children's National Hospital, Silver Spring , HSC Home Care Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!