Residential Medical Runner
Company: CHI Centers
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: February 6, 2019
In collaboration with the Nursing and Residential Departments, the Medical Runner will ensure the completion of all scheduled medical appointments. Additional responsibilities include management of medication supplies.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be a High School graduate or have a general education degree (GED)
- Have a minimum of 2-4 years of supporting people with a variety of intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- At least 1-3 years in a leadership role with a I/DD Provider or closely related field.
- Possess a Valid Driver's License
- Successfully complete all trainings, as needed and maintain credentials required by DDA and CHI.
- Medication Technician Certification must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained throughout tenure.
- Advocate for the health and safety of each person supported
- Be able to effectively prioritize work assignments, while meeting all deadlines.
Serve as a Medical Runner
- Coordination of medical appointment schedule with lead medical runner.
- Works cooperatively with lead medical runner in accordance with licensing regulations and CHI policies and procedures.
- Works with family and team to ensure the consistent, delivery of high-quality supports and services.
- Works with lead medical runner to arrange and/or provide transportation to and from all appointments using community-based resources and CHI resources, as appropriate.
- e. Manages medications, including the proper supply, storage, delivery, and removal of all medications.
- Assures the privacy of each person's information by appropriately limiting disclosures of protected information.
- Store, handle and share protected information in accordance with CHI Centers' policies and HIPAA regulations.
- Upload all medical documentation into the electronic health record on a daily basis.
- Retrieve all requested medical documentation in a timely manner.
- Attend required trainings.
Health and Advocacy
- Provide ongoing, timely communication to the Residential Coordinator and the delegated Nurse, all items of importance as it relates to the health care and well-being of each person supported.
- Develop, nurture and maintain close relationships with each person supported.
- Knowledge about the person's healthcare status, medical needs, baseline behaviors, and current
- Encourage the person supported to participate during the medical appointment.
- Consider the person's preferences and choices about health care.
CHI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.SDL2017
Keywords: CHI Centers, Silver Spring , Residential Medical Runner, Healthcare , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!