LPN STAFF NURSE (20 hrs/wk)
Company: Family & Nursing Care
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland, 20910, United StatesJob ID:
48571069Posted: '2019-05-22'Position Title: LPN STAFF NURSE (20
hrs/wk)Company Name: Family & Nursing CareSector: Home Health Care
ProviderEntry Level: NOJob Duration: IndefiniteMin Education:
Associates DegreeMin Experience: 2-3 YearsRequired Travel:
This position, under the direction of the Clinical Director, will
deliver skilled nursing care as outlined in the plan of treatment
prescribed by the physician according to the individual state nurse
Specifically, this position will assist with medication management,
wound care, and will communicate with the physician as needed to
obtain orders and updates on the client status. Updating medical
records as needed, delivering/picking up Medication Administration
Records, filing and various other administrative tasks to support
the Nursing Department may also be included.
All tasks and functions performed by this position will be carried
out consistent with the Agency's policies, procedures and quality
- Communicates with the physician as needed to obtain orders and
update on client status.
- Follows the individualized care plan for each client, based on
the assessment in conjunction with the client, family, physician,
and/or authorized practitioner.
- Perform well check visits, pill box fills, wound care, G-tube
feeds/care, Foley catheter insertion/removal, medication
injections, as ordered by Physician.
- Assist with creating, updating, co-signing with RN delivering,
retrieving Medication Administration Records monthly.
- Delivers skilled nursing care as outlined in the plan of care
prescribed (when required) by the physician and/or authorizing
practitioner, and according to acceptable nursing standards.
- Cover for Clinic nurse at various clinic sites as needed.
- Observes signs, symptoms, and changes in the client's physical
or emotional condition. Consults with the Clinical Director,
supervisory nurse, physician, or authorized practitioner concerning
alteration of the plan of treatment as necessary. Evaluates the
effectiveness of his/her nursing service to the individual and
- Teaches and counsels the client/family and/or caregiver
regarding the nursing care need and other related problems of the
client at home.
- Records client's condition, interventions, and evaluation in
the medical record as documentation of home visits according to
- Participates in case management conferences and other
client-related meetings with other team members and health care
providers as appropriate.
- Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions
regulated by all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Provides appropriate referral sources to callers when necessary
and keeps the line of contact open with all callers for future
cases, business, and other related areas.
- Provides direct nursing care as ordered by the physician or
- Collaborates with other professionals involved with skilled
care cases to coordinate other ancillary services (e.g. durable
medical equipment, infusion therapy, etc.) for clients as
- 2-5 years of experience in home care, hospice, Medicare home
health and/or in a private duty home care setting.
- 2-5 years of clinical nursing experience with and experience
performing patient assessments preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the theory and practice of home health care,
nursing processes, and nursing practice.
- Willingness and desire to work with the elderly; knowledge of
the aging process, physical, psychological, and social needs of
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of
- Ability to direct client care and services to the elderly that
meet or exceed the Agency's quality and service standards.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform physical and psychosocial
assessment of client and family.
- Demonstrates effective customer service skills and caring
- Ability to effectively represent the Agency in the
- Familiarity and understanding of resources for seniors is a
- Flexibility to adapt to different business expectations,
challenges, and goals.
- Goal and detail oriented; able to work independently and in a
tight team setting.
- Skilled and effective telephone demeanor and customer service
skills to develop a rapport and confidence in the company's
services with all callers, clients, and industry
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail,
multi-task, and work well under pressure despite numerous
interruptions and/or background noise.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Currently licensed to practice nursing in MD and DC, or
eligible for DC license. Success criteria
- Leads by example consistently conveying a positive attitude,
passion and pride in work.
- Professionally represents Family & Nursing Care when dealing
with all clients, callers and colleagues.
- Demonstrates emphasis on improving quality of staff
performance, department procedures and work environment.
- Consistently meets task and report deadlines and alerts the
appropriate individual(s) when unable to complete a task on
- Takes initiative, asks questions to clarify instructions and
demonstrates both a positive and team-player attitude.
- Works harmoniously and communicates effectively with other
staff and departments.
- Ability to build a team environment and use participatory
- Handles job with a sense of urgency and in accordance with
- Observes and operates with appropriate discretion when handling
or dealing with confidential documents and matters.
- Actively seeks to advance the Agency's environmentally-friendly
practices by digitizing documentation and processes whenever
- Exemplifies the Agency philosophy through promoting and
advancing the Agency's Shared Vision and Guiding Principles
Keywords: Family & Nursing Care, Silver Spring , LPN STAFF NURSE (20 hrs/wk), Healthcare , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!