Research Associate II Immunology, Silver Spring, MD (ID#14928)
Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Research Associate II (Immunology)
Silver Spring, MD (ID#14928)
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical
support services and project support personnel to its defense and
civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard-to-find
candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It
provides a tailored management approach for complex government
programs and disciplines including medical, science, geospatial
intelligence, engineering, construction, research and development,
facilities management, information technology, program management
and mission support. Wholly owned by Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part
of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.The Walter
Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) aims to conduct biomedical
research that is responsive to Department of Defense and US Army
requirements and delivers lifesaving products including knowledge,
technology and medical material that sustain the combat
effectiveness of the Warfighter.
For more company information, visit our site at
Our client's mission is to conduct biomedical research that
delivers life-saving products including knowledge, technology, and
medical materiel. Their efforts include the development of medical
countermeasures capable of protecting and sustaining the health of
the men and women of the U.S. military.
Their focus is on understanding the infectious diseases threatening
the Fighting Force both domestically and abroad. The research
programs include dengue, influenza, and adenovirus infections and
other emerging and re-emerging viral diseases such as chikungunya
and zika viruses. Infectious disease syndromes caused by existing,
emerging, or re-emerging viral pathogens not otherwise identified
is also an area of research. Once specific threats have been
determined, they work on those identified threats along a
scientific continuum including epidemiologic disease surveillance
and sample collection, basic and exploratory science, translational
research, and product research and development. The intent is to
license (as applicable) and field medical countermeasures and
medical solutions designed to eliminate or mitigate these threats
in the most safe, expeditious, cost effective, and high quality
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our
team that is focused upon characterizing immune responses at the
cellular level. The laboratory provides support for vaccine
clinical trials and performs basic research into immune responses
generated by candidate vaccine products and/or natural
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
* Performs basic (pure), translational, and exploratory scientific
research and development/improvement of vaccines.
* Has advanced knowledge of scientific techniques and methodologies
and applies independent judgement in performing research.
* Develops Standard Operating Procedures for complex assays and
updates them independently based upon operational situations.
* Designs research studies.
* Processes laboratory samples, executes assays, documents results,
and compiles and analyzes data.
* Ensures assays are executed following guidelines and designated
* Advanced familiarity with standard concepts, practices and
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
* Develops independent research protocols.
* Works independently to plan and execute work, analyze results and
develop scientific recommendations.
* Assists with leading research studies.
* Manages equipment and supplies.
* Trains and mentors more junior personnel.
* Writes and maintains detailed laboratory records and maintains a
clean and safe laboratory environment.
* Orders equipment and supplies.
* Ability to work both independently and as a team.
* Excellent organizational, documentation and record keeping
* Reports findings to scientific a lead.
Position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* BS/BA with 5+ years of experience or MS with 3+ years of
experience required in Biology, Immunology, Biomedical Science, or
a related field
* Advanced wet laboratory experience in cell culture and/or
cellular-based assays, protein expression analysis and assay
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Advanced knowledge and experience of immunology techniques
* Ability to follow strict timing guidelines for all scheduled
operations and experiments
* Blood processing for PBMC isolation
* Coordination of clinical experiments
* Training in and/or operation of flow cytometer for cell sorting
* Performance of mammalian cell culture
* Performance of ELISA/western blot and other measurements of
* Work in a GLP/GCLP/GMP regulated environment
* Performance of assays for cell-mediated immunity
* Ability to accurately collect, collate and enter data into a
* Experience with data analysis software to include Microsoft Excel
* Applicant must be willing to work in a BSL-2, regulated team
* Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year,
approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies
in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees,
Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting
Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise
needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions
provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level
departments and agencies - from applications and data services to
cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business?
Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and
compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual
orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights
as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to
the following two sites: EEO Statement - EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or
are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online
application process and need an alternative method for applying,
you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This
email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used
to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and
paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of
proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request,
we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan
accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request
with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative
Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at
"CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes
Keywords: Cherokee Nation Businesses, Silver Spring , Research Associate II Immunology, Silver Spring, MD (ID#14928), Healthcare , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!