Company: DeVita & Hancock Hospitality
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a creative and proficient
Executive Chef in all aspects of food preparation, Executive Chef.
You will be "the chief" and maintain complete control of the
kitchen for all off-site catering eventsResponsible for all food
production including banquet functions and other outlets. Develop
menus, food purchase specifications, and recipes. Supervise staff.
Develop and monitor the food and labor budget for the department.
Maintain the highest professional food quality and sanitation
- Assist in planning and executing all functions of the Food &
Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation mainly
on back of the house operations including: staff supervision,
inventory controls and food/labor cost, and product quality
- Prepare, assign and delegate responsibilities for the operation
of the various outlets, restaurants and banquet
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs
to ensure efficient operation and expenditures stay within budget
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures that relate
to F & B, as well as local, state and federal laws and
- Ensure safety of team members and cleanliness of facility and
- Monitor inventory of food, beverages and supplies to ensure we
are meeting par requirements in all areas
- Assist in conducting monthly inventories
- Keeping store rooms and refrigerator and freezer organized
- Assist in ordering and receiving necessary food products,
beverages and supplies
- Ensures on a daily basis that the kitchen is staffed
appropriately, the kitchen is clean, inventory levels are
appropriate, and equipment is working properly
- Includes cooking, scheduling, forecasting, and F&B cost
- Complies with company and franchise standards of operation
procedures, as well as those of all applicable regulatory agencies,
and ensures on a daily basis that all products are prepared and
presented in accordance with brand or company standards
- Always provides the highest quality of customer service to the
customers, to include ensuring the proper training of all staff and
supporting associates to ensure customer satisfaction and product
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related
goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure
quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to
reflect techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance
schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities
for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service
lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all
- Performs other duties as directed.
Keywords: DeVita & Hancock Hospitality, Silver Spring , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!