Catering Sales Executive
Company: Marriott International
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Job Number 22174189
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Bethesda Marriott, 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda,
Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Handles social and local corporate catering opportunities that are
above the parameters of the Group Sales teams within the Sales
Office and come directly to the property (e.g., 150 covers and
above). Contracts and closes local catering and social business and
verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely
fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves catering revenue
goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize
revenue. Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable
brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives
customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and
marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional.
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or
related major; no work experience required.
* Catering sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
* Handles social and local corporate catering opportunities that
are above the parameters of the Group Sales teams within the Sales
Office and come directly to the property (e.g., 150 covers and
* Manages the sales efforts for the property including local
corporate and social catering.
* Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel.
Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve
personal and property revenue goals.
* Solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events from
approved affiliate list provided by Citywide Sales Executive.
* Understands the overall market (e.g.,competitors' strengths and
weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and knows how
to sell against them.
* Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market
conditions and property needs.
* Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close
on business and negotiate contracts.
* Works with the management team to create and implement a catering
sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
* Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
* Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and
* Manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets, and
provides forecasting reports.
* Develops menus that drive sales.
* Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of
* Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and
property's Brand Standards.
* Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked
(e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer
* Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand
(e.g.,,Marriott Hotel and Resorts Spirit to Serve Daily Basics,
Renaissance Hotels and Resorts Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard,
SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn
Daily Huddle, or TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
* Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from
sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering
high level of service.
* Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a
result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel
issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate
* Monitors successful performance by increasing revenues,
controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the
owner and Marriott International.
* Contracts and closes local catering and social business and
confirms that business is turned over properly and in a timely
fashion for quality service delivery.
* Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand
initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer
loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer
* Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each
business opportunity to maximize revenue.
Building Successful Relationships
* Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.,
Group Sales within the Sales Office, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales
Team (EST)) to verify that sales efforts are coordinated,
complementary and not duplicative.
* Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors,
local community, catering associations and other hotel departments
in order to maintain guest satisfaction.
* Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer
satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring
their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
* Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending
the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs
and exceeds their expectations, while building a relationship and
loyalty to Marriott.
* Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and
service expectations. Develops a close working relationship with
operations to execute strategies at the property level.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW
Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more
than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that
our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels,
you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices,
sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and
imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio
and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities
and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our
associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be
happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience
unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a
true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates
opportunities for training, development, recognition and most
importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the
way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Keywords: Marriott International, Silver Spring , Catering Sales Executive, Hospitality & Tourism , Hyattsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!