Accounts Payable and Payroll Officer
Company: Global Communities
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 19, 2019
1. Review invoices for completeness and accuracy against POs,
requisitions, packing slips, and contractual agreements. Contact
vendors as needed to clarify invoices and accounts.
2. Process voucher entries and maintain the list of vendors in
Dynamics SL. Check against OFAC & EPLS list for new vendors. Run
the check against the system on all vendors annually.
3. Print all checks and mail them out to vendors by the due
4. Input all electronic payments (ACHs & Wires) to vendors,
employees & field offices through established online banking
system. Maintains current payment templates.
5. Process all automatically disbursed electronic funds by entering
the voucher, applying the manual check and maintaining the
6. Maintain A/P system including travel advance reconciliation.
Allocate Credit Card charges, postage, and copier usage to various
7. Make bank deposits for already logged in checks & cash.
8. Adheres to A/P monthly closing procedures.
* Reconcile month end A/P subsidiary ledger to GL control
* Reconcile specific balance sheet accounts related to A/P
including AP & Vendor aging reports.
* Maintain G/L journal entry files.
* Perform reclassification entries as needed.
* Print, review, and file month-end closing reports as
9. Supports all aspects of the global bi-weekly payroll process for
130+ employees, including auditing timecards for accuracy,
timeliness, and compliance; and processing Personnel Action Forms
(PAFs) to ensure the accurate input and management of all employee
data for payroll transactions.
10. Prepares and reconciles journal entries for TCN payroll-related
G/L accounts and other accounting items related to payroll.
11. Assists in reconciling Headquarters balance sheet accounts and
preparing the required schedules.
12. Undertake all other duties and projects as may be assigned from
time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting principles. Knowledge
of accounting software.
* Familiarity with non-profit accounting practices and processing
of allowances processing for Expat & TCN staff.
* Solid analytical skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second
* Proven ability to effectively use database, spreadsheet, word
processing, and position-specific software.
* Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple
projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
* Accuracy, attention to detail.
* Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a
computer and operate a keyboard.
* Bachelor s degree and 2 years relevant Accounting experience.
* Experience must include functioning in an Accounting role for a
global workforce including Expatriates and Third Country
* Experience with Dynamics.
* Experience using an automated payroll software.
* Experience working for an international development nonprofit NGO
* Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values
diversity at all levels. EOE/AA -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.
Global Communities employs committed and qualified individuals at
its headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland just outside
of Washington, DC.
In conforming with applicable laws, Global Communities is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious
beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, pregnancy, disability, protected veteran status, or any
other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as
required by federal, state and local laws.
As an applicant, please visit:
to learn about your protection under Federal law. You may also
to view Global Communities EEO Policy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Global Communities is committed
to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the
employment application and selection process. If you have a
disability that affects your ability to use our online system to
apply for a position, please send us an email on our Contact Us
page " https://www.globalcommunities.org/contactus" or call
301.587.4700 to request accommodation.
Keywords: Global Communities, Silver Spring , Accounts Payable and Payroll Officer, Human Resources , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!