Sr Audio Video Technical Support Specialist
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Description The Civilian Health Group is seeking a Sr Audio
Video Technical Support Specialist to support a healthcare program
in Bethesda, MD.Job Description
- Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot all
AV/projection/lighting/conferencing equipment, devices, and
- Operate and maintain software and hardware configurations for
Polycom, Tandberg, Extron and Crestron and similar AV systems
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and
performing fault isolations
- Assist and instruct guests/customers regarding proper usage and
operation of AV equipment, up-sell different AV services, and
monitor equipment operation at appropriate intervals.
- Ensure all AV equipment is fully operational, repair or clean
equipment when necessary
- Oversee the set-up of AV equipment in hotel banquet and meeting
rooms during in person review meetings
- Provide expert support for the control systems such as AMX,
Crestron and Extron
- Research, evaluate and recommend emerging technologies and
design upgrades to A/V and related systems.
- Provide technical support for 350+ Video Assisted Meetings
(VAM) a year via the Zoom Platform
- Provide Tier 2 incident and problem management expertise for
the 4000+ remote participants.
- Create and manage all virtual rooms and video links for all
VAMs and their participants.
- Communicate out to external community about upcoming changes,
troubleshooting and pertinent updates.
- Update and test videoconferencing audiovisual equipment
(videoconferencing bridges, video conferencing codecs, multimedia,
audiovisual, projection systems, displays, cameras, microphones,
integrated A/V systems, streaming technologies.
- Manage AV projects to deliver successful implementations by
meeting project requirements and adhering to industry and company
- Participate in departmental cross-training efforts as both
instructor and trainee.Educational Qualifications:
- AA degree and 5 years of experience or HS with 7 years in
support/engineering in a conference room/multimedia
- A+ or Security plus certification required within 3 months from
the date of hiring
- Experience with NIH highly desired.Required Qualifications:
- 5 + years of experience with providing administration support
for AV equipment.
- 5+ years of experience with maintaining software and hardware
configurations for Polycom, Tandberg, Extron and Crestron and
similar AV systems in a large corporate environment
- 2+ years of leading AV projects to deliver successful
implementations by meeting project requirements and adhering to
industry and company standards
- 2+ years of experience mentoring and training junior
- 5+ years of experience with the configuration and operation of
VTC Codecs (e.g. Tandberg, Polycom)
- Possess knowledge and practical experience interpreting
technical specifications and drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot multimedia room integrated appliances
to include, A/V device configuration, projectors, microphones, PTX
video camera, digital whiteboards/annotation devices, integrated
audio-conferencing digital sound processors, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of room control systems
such as AMX, Crestron and Extron
- Knowledge and experience with the following technologies:
Digital Signal Processing (Frame Sync/Converters/Color
Correction/TBC e.g. Leitch DPS-575, Harris X-50, AJA FS2 ), Black
Burst Gen Box, multi-channel A/V monitoring (Miranda), A/V
routing-switching (Extron, AMX), standalone video recorders ( hard
drive/SSD, Blu-Ray), A/V networking, A/V distribution amplifiers,
Fiber MUX/DeMUX, SD/HD video environments, SD NTSC 608 (Line 21)
and HD 708 Closed Captioning.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting PC, MAC and Linux common desktop
- The successful candidate must have excellent customer service
and communication skills
-Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00The
Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only
-and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors
considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos, Silver Spring , Sr Audio Video Technical Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...