Mid-Level Production Support Analyst contract job in Silver Spring, MD
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Seeking a mid-level Production Support Analyst for a contract job in Silver Spring, MD.
Key Skills: DataStage, Oracle, SQL
This position provides high quality and timely, Tier 2 support to end users in the organization for 40+ Media Systems applications. Strong analytical, problem solving (issue identification and prioritization), and communication skills are essential for this role which also includes troubleshooting issues for complex database applications. Interacts with business users, Service Desk staff, business analysts, quality assurance analysts, software development teams, and infrastructure team to resolve application and environment problems. Supports an on-call rotation to provide evening and weekend support for critical issues.
The Production Support Analyst is responsible for coordinating with various IT teams to migrate software to production and testing environments, and performing assigned scheduled tasks. Other key responsibilities include responding to assigned Remedy tickets from customer requests and configuration management.
1. Provide multiple simultaneous tier 2 support across all applications including assisting end-users and making data fixes. 2nd level support includes problem identification, definition and implementation of short term work around and coordination of long term software solution with development team
2. Maintain ongoing communication with Service Desk, end-users, business analysts, QA team, development team on IT systems and issues.
3. Ensure that scheduled jobs (e.g., revenue, inventory) complete successfully, troubleshoot as needed
4. Perform assigned tasks from the regular production support checklist (e.g., load Nielson data, load ratecards, update selling schedule)
5. Provide operational support for vendor applications Review and respond to system audit alerts in a timely manner
6. Performs configuration management for implementation of new system functionality into production as well as the lower environments during testing
7. Provide support for the QA environment and the QA team
8. Create and update production documentation
9. Ability to write and execute sql queries for Oracle and SQL Server
10. Familiarity with oracle and sql server
11. Familiarity with Unix/Linux – able to do some basic scripting and work with files and directories
12. Monitor Service Now trouble management system to ensure all assigned production issues are addressed according to the appropriate service level
13. Provide system expertise to training teams in support of new employee training and ongoing system training needs
14. Communicate issue status to internal and external stakeholders
15. Participate in the application development review process to ensure Production Support team can support new applications and enhanced functionality
16. Ensure compliance with all ITIL, SDLC, SOX, and Internal Audit requirements for all application changes
17. PowerBuilder and Java experience – ability to troubleshoot, debug and do lower level coding
18. General Windows file server experience – helps for migrations and troubleshooting
19. Crystal Report – ability to troubleshoot, debug and do lower level coding
20. MS Office products; primary Access and Excel – ability to troubleshoot, debug, do lower level coding/pivots etc.
* This position is more Production/Analyst than Development
* 3-5 years IT development, testing, and/or application support experience
* Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
* Ability to work on multiple items at one time and to ensure that overall priorities are being met
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills
* Strong analytical skills - understand business processes and issues from business users
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent degree/work experience
* Ability to develop complex SQL queries on Oracle and SQL Server databases
* Preferable 4-5 years of IBM Information Server (Data Stage) experience
* Data warehouse expertise
Interested in this Production Support Analyst contract job in Silver Spring, MD? Apply here!
Keywords: , Silver Spring , Mid-Level Production Support Analyst contract job in Silver Spring, MD, IT / Software / Systems , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!