Mid-Level Java developer
Company: Astor & Sanders Corporation
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: November 7, 2018
Mid-Level Java Developer Systems Integration and Development, Inc. (SID), an IT solutions provider located in Rockville, MD, is currently seeking exceptional candidates for a Mid-Level Java (Oracle) Developer for a federal client located in Silver Spring, MD.Responsibilities:
- Develop new and/or modify production web applications
- Develop application data models and work with existing complex data models and object-relational database mappings.
- Develop application prototypes; develop and maintain application scripts; troubleshoot and resolve technical problems; and adhere to application IT security requirements/tasks.
- Develop & update all documentation for new projects and/or existing projects in an operations & maintenance phase.
- Work collaboratively with teammates on a variety of projects.Qualifications:The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency, with a minimum of 4-6years' experience, in developing scalable and maintainable J2EE applications
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Principles
- Experience performing unit testing and integration testing
- Strong understanding of core Java
- Experienced implementing web applications using Spring
- Strong experience is utilizing relational databases (Oracle) along with Structured Query Language (SQL) to create and/or maintain queries, routines, and stored procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.Desired Qualifications:
- Certification in a web based, Object Oriented programing language such as Java is preferred.
- Experience developing customized J2EE workflow applications,
- Experience working in a government client environmentEducationBachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent; preferred.Founded in 1991, Systems Integration & Development, Inc. (SID) delivers state-of-the-art technical IT solutions to public and private sector clients. Our commitment to every customer is to deliver quality, value, and outstanding service on time and within budget. Our goal is to provide highly qualified information technology services to our customers and help our customers stay ahead of the curve, and meet the challenges and needs of the progressive market.SID provides a progressive work environment with continuous growth, and endorses a collaborative work atmosphere modeled to encourage opportunities from within. SID promotes an environment of continuous learning, allowing our employees to continuously grow and contribute their constant best to the SID team. Our benefits package includes: health, dental, disability, life insurance; paid holiday, paid time off; 401K plan with employer contribution; training reimbursement; metro-check program, etc.SID is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. For more information on SID, please refer to the website at - provided by Dice Java Development, Web Application Development,Testing
Keywords: Astor & Sanders Corporation, Silver Spring , Mid-Level Java developer, IT / Software / Systems , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!