Web Application Developer
Company: Astor & Sanders Corporation
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Mid-Level Web Application Developer Systems Integration and Development, Inc. (SID), an IT solutions provider located in Rockville, MD, is currently seeking exceptional candidates for a Mid-Level Web Application Developer for a federal client located in Silver Spring, MD. Responsibilities:
- Develop code using industry best practices for maintenance of external/internal web sites
- Assist in requirements gathering activities and providing Level of Effort (LOEs) estimation for each requirement for development perspective.
- Work collaboratively with a team on a variety of projects, resolve problems in a production environment and extend functionality within current web-based applications.
- Resolve reported issues and reply to queries in a timely manner
- Test web applications in multi-platform, cross-browser development Required Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience with n-tier Java Web-based systems design and development.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Principles
- Experience performing unit testing and integration testing to validation solutions
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to meet assigned development goals with a high quality of output and meet target delivery dates.
- Remain up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments supporting the business
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, CGI, and strong SQL skills
- Experience performing unit testing and integration testing to validate solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent; Master's Degree preferred. Desired Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Web Service technologies such as SOAP/WSDL and REST developing RESTful APIs for data retrieval and Web Applications. Keen interest in advancing technical proficiencies
- Experience in Mobile Application Development
- Proficient in the use of browser Developer Tools for troubleshooting
- SCJP (Sun certified Java programmer or comparable certification) Founded in 1991, Systems Integration & Development, Inc. (SID) delivers state-of-the-art technical IT solutions to public and private sector clients. Our commitment to every customer is to deliver quality, value, and outstanding service on time and within budget. Our goal is to provide highly qualified information technology services to our customers and help our customers stay ahead of the curve, and meet the challenges and needs of the progressive market. SID provides a progressive work environment with continuous growth, and endorses a collaborative work atmosphere modeled to encourage opportunities from within. SID promotes an environment of continuous learning, allowing our employees to continuously grow and contribute their constant best to the SID team. Our benefits package includes: health, dental, disability, life insurance; paid holiday, paid time off; 401K plan with employer contribution; training reimbursement; metro-check program, etc. SID is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. For more information on SID, please refer to the website at . - provided by Dice Java, OOP, HTML
Keywords: Astor & Sanders Corporation, Silver Spring , Web Application Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!