linux System Engineer
Company: Fairfield Technologies Inc
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: February 6, 2019
We are looking for a hands on Linux Engineer to support our NWS client. The position is open no and the right applicant with at least 6 years of experience.Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company and SBA-certified HUBZone firm, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and delivering far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking a Senior Linux Systems Engineer to join our team in Silver Spring, MD. U.S. citizenship and the ability to pass a Government background check required. Position Description: Senior, hand-on Linux systems engineer to perform the following tasks:
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Linux Operating System.
- Worked with various Linux Distributions such as RHEL 5, 6, 7, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian.
- Good working knowledge of build scripts and automated solutions using various scripting language like shell or Bash, Python.
- Write and maintain scripts for repetitive tasks (primarily in bash) for repetitive tasks, daily software installs, monthly security patching, etc.
- Perform security patching, software installs, OS upgrades and migrations
- Write and maintain technical documentation for all releases
- Assist with hardware, software, and OS upgrades at operational sites
- Review, troubleshoot, resolve or re-assign critical system problems (Tier 2/Tier 3 trouble tickets)
- As part of team, create entire path forward for new OS upgrades including but not limited to: developing scripts, creating kick-starts, migrating workstation desktop, resolving software issues Requirements:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Information Technology or Mathematics, or Meteorology
- 6 solid years' professional experience
- Solid hands-on RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) v7.x experience required
- RHCSA or RHCE with no degree
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to pass a Government background check (NACI). Additional Qualifications :
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Works well as both an individual contributor and as part of an integrated team
- Able to quickly understand complex technical problems and devise effective technical solutions
- Able to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with competing priorities
- Dedicated to delivering strong, customer-focused performance in a mission-critical environment Compensation and Benefits :
- Career Growth - Outstanding Career Opportunities with Competitive Compensation. Customized Training and Development Program. Educational Assistance.
- Health Insurance and Income Protection - Company-Subsidized Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance for Employees and Families. Company-Paid Accident, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance. Vision and Life Insurance. Commuter Benefits Package (public transportation and parking).
- Investment and Savings - 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off - Company-Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation Time. FTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. - provided by Dice linux
Keywords: Fairfield Technologies Inc, Silver Spring , linux System Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!