Outside Plant Engineering Fiber Planner
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: July 15, 2019
What you'll be doing...
We're investing in our network to improve the way we live, work,
and communicate. Our fiber infrastructure will be critical for all
our future network transformation objectives including new products
such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As an OSP planner, you
will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of
You will be managing all aspects of OSP fiber planning in the
Washington D.C. area. You will be preparing the overall fiber route
planning for all service types.
- Driving complex projects and programs to achieve targeted and
measured business goals and key objectives.
- Planning and Designing additions, upgrades, repairs and
- Selecting and pricing solutions based on the most effective,
efficient, and timely design
- Developing and implementing corrective action plans to mitigate
impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
- Maintaining excellent communication with functional team
members, direct management, and external customers to ensure early
identification of issues and timely reporting of status.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant outside plant work
- A valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Technical or project management experience.
- Knowledge of PC and software applications (e.g., Microsoft
Windows, Microsoft Office suite).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage
multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful
- Experience making independent decisions based on policies,
practices, and project requirements.
- Engineering, Planning, and/or Operations knowledge, especially
with Local and Long-Haul Telecommunications networks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make network design decisions based on recommended
Engineering Guidelines and design criteria.
- Skill in negotiating.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Silver Spring , Outside Plant Engineering Fiber Planner, IT / Software / Systems , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!