Job Description - Clinical Trials Management Systems Coordinator
Clinical Trials Management Systems Coordinator - ( 200001PI
The Clinical Trials Management Systems Coordinator will provide
application support and administration in the implementation and
maintenance of the electronic data systems (OnCore, Power Trials)
utilized to support the administration of clinical trials. In
addition, the position is responsible for training staff and
faculty in the use of the systems and facilitating the adoption of
these systems throughout Children's National. Clinical research
experience and familiarity with database systems is recommended,
including working knowledge of IRB, ICH/GCP guidelines, federal and
state guidelines, and regulations and laws that govern research
Associate's Degree - Sciences, Health Administration, Computer
Science or equivalent (Required)
Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
3 year prior clinical trials experience either as clinical
research coordinator or in clinical research administration.
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Prior Experience with OnCore and/or Cerner Power Trials .
Experience with other CTMS or data capture systems in support of
clinical research is a plus. (Preferred)
Previous experience using reporting tools such as Jaspar
Studios, SSRS. (Preferred)
Clinical trials experience either as clinical research
coordinator or in clinical research administration. (Preferred)
Use of computers and web-based applications in a
Critical thinking skills – ability to analyze business
operations workflows, finding efficiencies, and implementing
Excellent communication skills, ability to interact across the
organization, ability to translate clinical research concepts and
researcher needs to technical personnel and vice versa.
Ability to develop training plans and materials and deliver
training to end users.
1. Understand and provide recommendations for application set up
to align with organizational goals; responsible for coordinating
details about current state along with organizational leadership to
ensure institutional goals are met.
2. Assist with data migration related activities
3. Responsible for testing and providing feedback related to
testing to project committee.
4. Collaborate with OnCore and Power Trials/Cerner end uses,
technical support, key stakeholders and organizational leadership
to ensure institutional goals are met.
5. Participate in the development of training materials for all
6. Lead training sessions for all end users
Post – Implementation/Ongoing activities
1. Act as key point of contact for end users and vendor. Work
with internal resources and/or vendor, where appropriate, to ensure
issues are resolved in a timely manner.
2. Provide support to end users including user training, new
user activation, ongoing communication related to changes,
functionality and status of respective applications.
3. Develop communication and training materials for new and
4. Coordinate the evaluation of upgrades on the test environment
and provide feedback to vendor product support regarding
functionality and to appropriate leaders regarding impact of
5. Evaluate and communicate to appropriate leaders and staff how
upgrades may impact current workflows, policies and processes.
6. Identify reporting requirements of research leadership and
investigators/study teams and design, develop and disseminate
validated standard and ad hoc reports as needed. Maintain a library
of reports and update designs as necessary.
7. Conduct internal monitoring of the system and provide a
strategy for maintaining data integrity and to meet established
standards of data entry into the system.
8. Implement metrics to track organizational adoption for report
9. Participate in the creation of study protocol calendars.
Primary Location : Maryland-Silver Spring
Work Locations : Roeder Road 801 Roeder Road Suite 500 Silver
Job : Non-Clinical Professional
Organization : Office Grants Contrcts Finance
Regular / Temporary : R (Regular)
Position Status : FT - Full-Time
Shift : Day
Work Schedule : 8-4:30
Job Posting : Sep 9, 2020, 7:56:23 PM
Children’s National Health System is an equal opportunity
employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity,
or other characteristics protected by law.