Floater Patient Representative
Company: CCI Health & Wellness Services
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: May 3, 2021
CCI Health and Wellness Services is a group
practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an
unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a
learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to
every patient during all stages of life.
CCI is seeking a Floater Patient Representative to act as the point
of contact by greeting patients and visitors in person and over the
phone, directing them to the appropriate Health Center personnel.
The FPR will assure that the provision of high quality; cost
efficient, culturally sensitive services comply with all Federal,
State and Local agency policies and procedures. This position
requires travel to any of the CCI health center sites if coverage
As a member of the health center's integrated care team,
the Floater Patient Representative will fulfill the following
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of
patient centered, coordinated patient care:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Answers the telephone promptly, identifies him/herself and the
center, refers calls to the appropriate area, and identifies and
refers urgent calls correctly. Accurately communicates phone
messages as needed, and Assist decrease wait times for returned
- Distribute information regarding Maryland Health Benefits
Exchange, including eligibility requirements for applicable federal
tax subsidies and cost-sharing assistance, eligibility requirements
for Medicaid and Maryland Children's Health Plan (MCHP), and
Qualified Health Plans (QHP); and how to enroll in Medicaid, MCHP
or QHPs in the exchange.
- Assist patients with portal set up to Increase patient portal
- Facilitate plan selection based on the needs of the
individual/family seeking health insurance coverage, assess tax
implications and premium and cost-sharing requirements, application
submission, renewal, and disenrollment processes.
- Facilitate eligibility determinations for QHP, Medicaid, MCHP,
SHOP, and premium tax subsidies.
- Provide referrals to appropriate agencies, including the
Attorney General's Health Education and Advocacy Unit (HEAU) and
the Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA), for applicants and
enrollees with grievances, complaints, questions, or the need for
other social services.
- Schedule first appointments for newly insured consumers at any
of our sites and assist to Increase number of patients enrolled in
- Makes and assists in making return appointments, confirming the
patient's current address, phone number, and updates in the
computer system as necessary.
- Registers patients into the computer, generating required
paperwork for a patient visit. Calls patients to remind them of
scheduled visits per center routine.
- Checks in patients as they enter the center, identifies in the
system whether they are a "Show", "No- Show", "Walk-In", or a
"Cancellation". Completes appointment status prior to the end of
- Assist Health Center Managers with clerical and administrative
- Notifies appropriate personnel of patient's arrival (per center
routine) and secures patients medical
- record for use by Medical Assistant.
- Monitors status of reception areas, alerting clinical staff of
unusually long patient waiting times or obtaining assistance of any
unusual situations including patient conflicts.
- Performs other clerical support functions; filing, scheduling
and documentation of appointments or referrals, completes medical
records release forms, documents no shows in the chart. Prints
provider schedules at the beginning of the sessions. Pulls medical
records and reviews by noon the day before the patient's
- Exhibits and promotes a standard of excellence in the
performance of all duties and interactions with patients,
co-workers, and outside contacts.
- Promotes CCI's mission to Increase patient understanding of
CCI's service lines.
- Increase patient satisfaction.
- This position also requires the ability to drive between
clinical sites to provide additional coverage when needed.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must have at least one year of relevant work experience,
preferably in a medical setting or an equivalent combination of
training and experience to perform office routines and clerical
- Must be customer-focused
- Must be proficient with user-facing technology (e.g., Apps,
software, computers, etc.).
- MUST be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
to greet patients and visitors in person or over the phone, and to
direct them accordingly.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of customer service and
observance of corporation protocol in a hectic and sometimes
- Must be proficient in reading and writing English to update
patient information/forms, accurately communicate phone messages,
and respond to visitors and callers as needed.
CCI Health & Wellness Services is a 49-year-old Federally Qualified
Health Center is a diverse and inclusive workplace that serves
60,000 medical patients and Women Infant's & Children (WIC)
participants in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties. As a
501(c)3 non-profit, CCI is committed to providing high-quality,
affordable primary healthcare to every patient across all life
stages. Visit for more information.
- The ability to distinguish letters and symbols, as well as the
ability to utilize telephone, computer terminals and copiers is
- May be asked to lift to or about 25 pounds.
- Work under stressful conditions within a controlled enclosed
environment daily. Work environment involves exposure to
potentially dangerous materials and situations that require
following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of
protective equipment. Required to wear scrubs and occasionally
protective barrier clothing during training. This can become
uncomfortable in a warm, high humidity room.
- ADA Category. This position may require prolonged periods of
sedentary, stand and/or walk for more than eight (8) hours per day.
Those physical movements and the degree of mobility, manual
dexterity and hand-eye coordination normally associated with the
practice of modern oral hygiene will be performed on a repetitive
basis. In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is
possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably
accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will
be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the
employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the
- OSHA Category. Clinical environment. Possibility of exposure to
chemicals and infectious body fluids e.g., HPV, HIV, HEP C,
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: CCI Health & Wellness Services, Silver Spring , Floater Patient Representative, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!