Provide one-to-one, compassionate care and love your job
Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice provides compassionate,
exceptional care where people are most comfortable: at home. We are
the area's most comprehensive home care provider with trusted
quality of care. With new strategy, vision and technology, we are
growing and shaping the future of healthcare!
Bereavement Coordinator position summary
Our Bereavement Coordinators provides professional bereavement
care to Hospice client families and significant others after the
client's death via counseling, education and coordination of
services in accordance with prescribed Hospice standards and agency
policy and procedure. Uses problem-solving skills in assisting with
Plan of Care relative to the grief process.
* Enjoy a truly patient-centered focus
* Excel with supportive, motivated colleagues in an inspiring
* Competitive salary
* Career paths and professional development
* Learn the industry's best, easy-to-use, advanced
* Baccalaureate degree in social work, psychology or counseling
* Master's degree with major course work in social work,
psychology or counseling preferred.
* Two years of Hospice clinical grief counseling experience or
an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Current working knowledge of conditions of participation and
hospice licensure regulations.
* Clinical experience of skills relevant to grief and/or loss
* Thorough knowledge of the dynamics of grief and bereavement
* Motivation to work with dying and the bereaved required.
* Ability to perform problem-solving activities required.
* Skill in counseling and in interpersonal communications
* Skill in decision making, planning, development, and
* Ability to work within interdisciplinary team required.
* Must have current Driver's license and reliable transportation
to and from work site.
* Ability to consistently demonstrate commitment to the mission
and Organizational Code of Ethics and adhere to the Compliance
About Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice
Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice is a member of Trinity Health
At Home, a national home care, palliative care and hospice
organization serving communities in twelve states. Since 1967, Holy
Cross Home Care and Hospice has served Montgomery, Howard and
Prince George's counties as a comprehensive, trusted provider of
home care and end-of-life care in the sacred place that people call
home. A Catholic-based, non-profit organization, we serve patients
and their loved ones with home care (skilled nursing,
physical/occupational and speech therapy and medical social work),
palliative care, hospice and bereavement services. Our legacy
continues with a pioneering, future-thinking care model. We blend
clinical expertise with our exclusive Home Care Connect virtual
care program to help patients achieve their health goals. We have
energizing new vision, strategy and leadership. Join us and shape
the future of healthcare!
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.