HIAS seeks a Payroll Officer to maintain payroll and cash
receipts. The Payroll Officer will maintain accurate
database/records of all payroll and bank transactions and ensure
these are properly coded.
* Assist in payroll processing and review preprocess
* Prepare files of employees deductions for upload.
* Prepare payroll template for Anybill upload.
* Assist in reviewing W2s previews at year end.
* Work with project teams to ensure the accurate review of
timekeeping and payroll data and the timely approval and submission
to our payroll partner.
* Assist in applying for new state and SUI registrations when
* Ensure the timely creation of payroll related journal entries,
support account reconciliations of key payroll accounts, and
support accounting in month, quarter and year end close
* Support various internal and external audits and produce and
analyze payroll reports to address any variances.
* Process semi-monthly payroll and special payroll for hourly
and salaried employees.
* Process time sheet corrections.
* Verify, maintain and organize all payroll information and
documentation (i.e. new hires, deductions, salary changes, leave
processing, contributions, and terminations).
* Process data entry into HRIS and payroll systems.
* Prepare payroll deduction remittances for bargaining units,
business partners and providers.
* Process payments, pay corrections, retros, and historical
* Compile statistical and period-end reports, statements, and
summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and reconciling
payroll liability accounts
* Maintain employee electronic payroll files.
* Download and clean contributions files from merchant services
account, match to Raisers Edge reports and funds received in bank
* Download DMP lockbox contributions reports and match to
deposits received in bank accounts.
* Enter match files for contributions into accounting
* Download cash receipts reports from Collections and prepare
for entry into accounting system.
* Record daily contribution.
* Reconcile disbursement bank account.
* Assist on special projects as assigned.
* Assist in the creation and implementation of process
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in payroll and/or accounts
* Knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting
* Experience with Paylocity and accounting systems required.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to effectively prioritize multiple
* Ability to deliver high-quality results in a timely
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working across
five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are
protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite
with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our
values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety
and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are
treated with dignity.
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an
equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be
considered for employment without regard to race, color, national
origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religious creed,
sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status,
familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, age, protected veteran
status, political orientation or other legally protected