Company: General Dynamics
Location: Silver Spring
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA MD Silver Spring
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ86624
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT's Military Health team is hiring a Neuroscience Clinician
to support the Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence (TBI
CoE) located at TBI CoE Headquarters in Silver Spring, MD.
TBICoE promotes state-of-the-science traumatic brain injury care
from point-of-injury to reintegration for service members, veterans
and their families. Our goal is to help the Defense Health Agency
provide optimal patient outcomes, leading to a medically ready and
a ready medical force.
Learn More about TBI CoE HERE
The Neuroscience Clinician will,in collaboration with the DoD
and VA health care system, support and participate in the
development, writing, creation and/or improvement in TBI related
documents, recommendations, tools and/or resources. These products
will be utilized by providers, service members and/or family
members as they relate in the care, treatment and effects of a TBI
along the continuum of care and recovery. Incumbent provides
clinical input and educational opportunities for DVBIC, the
Services and the VA on issues related to TBI and are aimed at
improving standards of care and education for TBI.
- Review existing and ongoing studies regarding TBI care in
civilian and military populations to ensure translation into
clinical recommendations and practice.
- Ensure new products or tools do not conflict with existing
protocols or guidance.
- Assist in the development, writing, creation and/ improvements
in TBI related documents, recommendations, tools and/or
- Collaborate with senior leadership, internal and external
stakeholders and other SMEs to ensure sufficient evidence and
evaluation for a clinical recommendation, support tools,
educational tools, or other requested products will meet customers
need or intended population.
- Attend and participate in scholarly, academic and scientific
presentations, meetings and/or provides work for publication in
scientific related journals or other format.
- Provide clinical input to DVBIC, the Services and the VA on
improving standards of care, medical systems, TBI clinic
development and TBI education across a wide network of
organizations, clinical professionals, and key leadership.
- Provides educational opportunities for the multidisciplinary
team involved in the care of military and veterans with TBI.
- If stipulated by the government that the Neuroscience Clinician
should have expertise in medical informatics and requires a
background in health informatics and/or data analytics, the
following skills will complement or substitute for the
What You'll Need (required):
- Master's degree in health science, public health, nursing, etc.
required with an advanced health care related degree (Physician
- Must maintain continuing education credit sufficient to
maintain both their clinical license.
- 4 + years of TBI-related clinical/ research experience.
- Ability to develop and utilize power point for
- Ability to search, review and understand the medical
- Ability to work with DoD, the Services, and the VA to develop,
evaluate, and improve TBI programs throughout the DoD and VA.
- Ability to develop quality standards and metrics for
mild/moderate/severe TBI clinical care and program excellence.
- Ability to monitor medical literature and the practice of TBI
care to highlight best practices, identify innovative tools, and
educational tools and methods. Identify opportunities for
collaborative programs and activities with other centers of
- US citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and
maintain a T3 security investigation.
What Would Be Even Better (preferred):
- Additional training in neurology, neurosurgery, physical
medicine and rehabilitation desirable.
- Experience in military and/or VA health settings
- Familiarity with military medical systems desirable.
Skills & Attributes for Success:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; leadership ability, public
speaking, organizational skills, creativity, adaptability, and
ability to write and process reports quickly required.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA MD Silver Spring
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done. nnGDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics, Silver Spring , Neuroscience Clinician, Other , Silver Spring, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!